1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STS reloading data

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kscarter, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kscarter

kscarter TS Member

I know there's a lot of reloading data on this website and I have searched a lot of threads but can't find the exact data I'm looking for. I have all the components for reloading but can't seem to find any load data for the components I have. Here is a list of what I have

Remington STS hulls
    Promo powder
    CB 1100 wads
    Noble Sport primers
    Eagle #8 shot

I have read that you can use red dot load data for promo and win 209 primer data for Noble Sport. I plan to load 1 oz loads with #8 shot. I did find this posted on a site but I don't remember which one

"For 16 Yard I use Win 209, 17.0 Red Dot, CB 1100-12 wad, and 1 0z #8
    in AA hull"

I have also read that some people load STS and AA hulls with the same recipe. IF that's true then I should be OK.

Can anyone offer a newby some good advice.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Kevin, I load the exact same load with the exception of the cb1100 wad. I use the Rem. TGT12s wad. I do load many more STS than AA though.Steve

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Just be advised that you must find the right bushing with the use of a reloading scale. Alliant suggest that you start with a bushing 2 sizes smaller than what you will use for Red Dot.

Jason

4. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Don't load with out a good powder scale. That's a must do !

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

just to clarify a little. what these guys are saying is if a recipie says to use a 32 bushing with red dot, don't just assume that you use the same bushing for promo. drop a bushing or two and check the results with a scale. go by the scale, not the bushing charts.

brett d.

6. kscarter

kscarter TS Member

Thanks for the advice. I understand that I need to start with a bushing 2
    sizes down from the red dot and I have a 50 grain scale that is good to +-.1 grain.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington sts load data
remington sts reload data

remington sts reloading data