1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Striper ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Has the stripers started the run off Va. Beach and the OBX NC. ?---SJB---

2. revbook

revbook Member

348 views weren't because people thought this was about fish! I, for one, jumped on it before I realised there was only one "p"!!! I don't even own a fishing rod.

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Rockfish, blues, Spanish mackeral all running in the Bay and off Ft. Story.

Around here, we call 'em "Boulder Bass."

Kit

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

This is the one reason I would like to live on the Right COAST, The Surf Fishing is great. Also you can drive your Jeeps on the beach to get to the good fishing spots.

You can't do that in CA. Pismo has a 15MPH speed limit and is the only place you can drive on the beach in SoCAL. All they have there is Clams.

Randy

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

But some of them sure look like happy clams. Particularly at low tide.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Could you imagine if I misspelled it---STRIPPER---We could try it that way.
    SJB---

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

At our age, stripers are a lot more fun!!!!!! Especially at about 40 lbs. and mad.

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I agree---I am waiting for the return south---Boat is all tuned up and ready to go---SJB---

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

WS1---Do you live in the VA Beach area?---George

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

George,

Not anymore, but I grew up in the greater Tidewater area. We fished and hunted from the dam on the Chickahominy, down the James into Hampton Roads, over to the Eastern Shore, and out into the Ocean. Spent way too many LONG weekends in Nags Head(OBX), from Duck to Ocracoke, surf fishing and deep water out of Manteo and the sound. I know it has been said before, but I wish I was eighteen again.

Kit

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks Kit---I go to the OBX every yr---Almost bought a 9 BR house in AVON.
    The deal fell through---I now have a house on the Jersey shore on the ocean---
    Stripers are still up north---I'll be heading south soon---Good talking to you.
    I have followed all your threads and they are worded with FIRE---Keep the cards and letters coming----George

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

George,

Thanks for the kind words. From my perspective, the deal in Avon that fell through may have been a blessing. Avon is a long-assed way from a WalMart(he he he)and not a lot closer to a 7-11. Your new place on the Jersey Shore must have set you back, what, maybe $2.50 or was it $3.00?????

I tried to contact Rita Cosby through her website but she didn't have an e-mail address posted and I gave up(I don't know how to do facebook or twitter). I called WMAL back but didn't have any luck. They said that once she got settled in her new job, she should be easy to get in touch with. I was going to try to reach her on her Saturday afternoon broadcast the other day but some family things got in the way. I have called Chris Plant(AM weekday guy) before and it is real easy to get through to WMAL radio shows. They have a big audience which is a plus.

OOPS! Sorry! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, two Saturdays ago when all the smelly little commies had their "one nation" rally in D.C., Rita Cosby, formerly of Fox News up there in the Big Leagues, interviewed a caller on her new Saturday afternoon show who told her he and many of his union brothers had been paid $60.00 to attend the event. I have been trying to speak with her and interview her on that topic. I have talked with the WMAL News Room and they have stated that it is their intent to do further research on the extent of the payoffs.

Oh, by the way, I just got an e-mail from Sharron Angle's campaign saying that Faggot Breath George Soros is sponsoring a rally out in front of Angle's office designed solely for the purpose of intimidating Angles's staff and supporters. Moveon.org, the communists who said those terrible things about General Petraeus, is behind it. Those cowards must be stopped. I swear, it amazes me that blood isn't flowing in the streets.

Shucks, listen to me! I sound like some kind of hotheaded high school kid. Sorry!

I probably don't need to say this to you knowing that you are a sportsman and a gentleman, but remember that once you get down south it isn't considered polite to catch them all...you've got to leave just a few for the other fellas.

Have fun, Kit

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

$2.50----Wish I could get a copy of that video for my address book---You should send it out again for those who didn't see it---Just goes to show what is going on in this country---Where theres smoke theres fire---Thanks Kit

14. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

We just call em Rocks around here

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

osherspap---Where are you from---We call them rockfish also but striper is used most---George

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I thought someone wanted to pinstripe their custom painted gun stock or vehicle.

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Hi Brian---Do they have stripers up there?---How U doin?---George

18. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

They gottem allright, but they're all up at the County Correctional Facility.

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Kit---You made me laugh---sjb---

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The Devil made me do it!