1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Street price for 1970 Brn. Superposed LNWOB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I have the opportunity to buy an essentially new Browning Superposed w/o box. The gun is a 12 gauge lightning model choked full/mod. The gun still has the cosmoline from the factory on all the bare steel areas. I think the gun was mfg'd in 1970 (the serial number had 70 B I think at the end). What would the "street" price for this shotgun be? Also is it past the "salt wood" era shotguns? I think I can get it for $ 1400.00. Is this a fair price? Thanks in advance...Randy Price

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Randy, That's a fair price if that's what you're comfortable with paying and will be happy with the gun. That's your choice. Good luck, Bob

3. FIB

FIB Member

I have been tying to educate myself on the saltwood guns and it appears that this Superposed was definately made during that time. It does have the short tang and flat knob. I didn't notice any signs of rust where the metal meets the wood,however, I will examine the gun more closely prior to purchasing. I have read it is a good idea to remove the buttplate screws and see if they show any signs of rust... I will try that.

4. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks MIA for the info.! Randy Price

5. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Pull a buttplate screw. Rusty screw=saltwood. JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.