1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN WHEN BUYING A NEW GUN!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i never purchase a gun where i can not try it out first. over the years, i purchased new and used guns without trying them first, and was sadly disappointed. years ago in my area, one of the local gun clubs, sold new and used guns, took in trade in's and they were very successful. i don't know if this has ever happened to you, but i would ask to try a gun before making the purchase. as I am shooting the potential new gun, i am hitting the targets with authority, with big puffs of dark smoke, gun points perfect, how could i ever miss with this new magic wand? the gun i have been searching for has been found. after the round, and lots of times i would break a 25, i would go and purchase the gun. once i paid for the gun, my scores would go down. has this ever happend to you? once you paid for the gun, the magic was gone! what happend?
    steve Balistreri

2. KK

KK TS Member

The gun didn't work for you but you made the gun work because of your sub-conscious desire to buy a new gun. I have done that same thing only by tring out a friends new gun. It shoots like something from my dreams and I go buy one just like his and I can't hit the side of Semi with it. What happened??? The reason it shot good was because, first I was motivated to shoot well to impress the friend, and second by shooting well I was also sub-consciously providing myself with a reason to add one more shotgun to the safe. All smoke and mirrors provided by your mind. KK

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Its called the new gun syndrome.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

This seems very common here in Maryland, we talk about it all of the time, Borrow a gun with the intention of buying it and and they all seem to have at least 24's built right into them, them buy it and find out the previous owmer had a bunch of 21 and 22's Hidden it it. Well you gave me an idea anyway I am going to go to the for sale rack ( most gun clubs have them at the bigger shoots ) and test drive a few in compitition,, I'll probaly make enough money to buy the gun, then I'll put it in the safe and go try another, and sell the one in the safe, to some other idiot like me with the same idea.. LOL

5. KK

KK TS Member

The gun didn't work for you but you made the gun work because of your sub-conscious desire to buy a new gun. I have done that same thing only by tring out a friends new gun. It shoots like something from my dreams and I go buy one just like his and I can't hit the side of Semi with it. What happened??? The reason it shot good was because, first I was motivated to shoot well to impress the friend, and second by shooting well I was also sub-consciously providing myself with a reason to add one more shotgun to the safe. All smoke and mirrors provided by your mind. KK

6. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

Guns only come with a certain number of target crunching shots in them. Sitting on the shelf allows those shots to rise to the top. So when you test the gun you get the target crunchers. Unfortunately most guns only have a few of these so if you use them up during test firing you will not have many available after you make the purchase.
    P.S. Now you know the difference between a cheap gun and an expensive one.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

glad to hear this new gun syndrome just doesn't happen to me. if i could shoot the same way after purchasing the gun as i first shot prior to buying it, i would be a good shooter. i do agree that when you want a new gun, you must be trying so hard, doing everything correctly. i have been in this game since 1970, years ago vic reinders told me if could train an idiot with good reflexes, he could make him into a good shooter. he always felt most shooters lost targets from the neck up. the more i am in this game, i think old vic was right.
    steve

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I never met a gun I couldn't shoot, and shoot well the first time I shot it. After that: Well, trade, trade, trade, and trade again.

9. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

a gun will shoot straights until you pay for it and then- surprise.

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

The women you try out for a fling is your dream come true - until you get divorced and marry her.

Guns and women are a lot alike.

Guns are better because you can trade an old 44 for two new 22's. This math will not work with women.

Don

11. certifiable

certifiable TS Member

It was new . It was different. And you wanted it. Ergo, you were concentrating harder. Works every time. All you had to do was put that same effort into your old gun and guess what. Been there, done that and managed to keep the same gun for over 25 years. That and I'm real tight with a buck.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Don One 22 would be your end two is just a dream ?

KEYBEAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.