1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange state of affairs

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jf59, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jf59

jf59 TS Member

Below is a letter attached too an email I received from my youngest daughters Middle School yesterday. Anyone else slack-jawed with incredulity at the utter lack of common sense? This is far from the first or most absurd of these.

XXXXXX Public Schools
    XXXXX Middle School
    25 Maple Avenue XXXXXX, New Jersey XXXXX
    www.XXXXX.k12.nj.us

XXXXXX, Ed.D.
    Principal

December 15, 2009

Dear XXXXX Parents:

This afternoon, at approximately 1:00, one of our teachers noticed what appeared to be a bullet underneath a cabinet in a second floor classroom. The staff member alerted the main office and we, in turn, called the XXXXX Police Department. To make absolute certain that all of our students and staff members were safe, we called in the XXXX County Sheriff’s Detection Dogs to clear the building, which they did at 2:35. Subsequent to that, a conscientious student tipped us off via text message and provided us with pertinent information related to this item. After positively identifying the student, we spoke with her father and he confirmed that the bullet was a novelty souvenir. Please use this unfortunate incident to prompt a conversation with your child(ren).

Please feel free to contact me at XXXXX if you would like to discuss the matter in greater detail.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Wow.... sure it wasn't a car bomb?

I have near 10,000 loaded "bullets" in my garage right now...

CALL IN THE DOGS!!!!

3. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I would make dam sure he got a .50 cal pen and pencil set and maybe a Serria MatchKing bullet key-chain, for Christmas...Grubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.