1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange feeling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

This is somewhat off topic, but it occurred to me as I was working with a shotgun I'm selling. Someone asked me if it had ejectors or extractors. I inserted two EMPTY hulls - after checking numerous time that they were actually not loaded. I wanted to "fire" and open to see if the shells flew out (they didn't). Anyhow, I checked the hulls another two times before actually pulling the triggers. To make my mania even worse, I consciously pointed the barrels in a safe direction - probably because I was supposed to.

It remind me of using the bathroom when NOBODY is home but me. I find that I'm clearly uncomfortable if I don't close the door.

Is this a truly unique situation or do other people have similar afflictions?

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

Good habits are hard to change.

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

Better to be safe than sorry. John

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You were engaging in the HABIT of safe firearms handling. What's wrong with that?

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Larry,

You seem to be a relatively new persona here on our beloved TS.com (at least to me).
    Already you’ve created an image in my pea-brain. Similarly Shelly has also.

As pointed out already, you are either anal retentive, a Tron wannabe, or perhaps sadly socially inept--not unlike the bulk of us here.

Shelly has his/her own identity issues. It’s safe to deduce Shelly is GOP based on the political rhetoric; however, the moniker creates confusion. I didn’t think GOP’s approved of those who have androgynous issues….. ‘Cept fer Cheney’s daughter that is.

For the record I’ve always had a soft spot for lesbians—does that make me a liberal??????

Firearm safety is not anything less than absolutely necessary Larry. Your insistence on quadruple safety checks bothers nobody except your own assessment of sanity.

Your aversion to the affects of gunpowder is commendable in the interest of the health of your shooting comrades. Sadly both obsessive revelations point toward some sort of undiagnosed personality disorder.

I hereby raise the BULLSHIT Flag. There is room for only ONE anointed and revered troll on this web site. Tron is, and always will be, the epitome of TS.com trolldome.

Shelly, I recommend the following:

Get a sex change

Change your name

Or finally…

Go away until you finish your therapy.

Guy Babin

6. overbored

overbored Member

Trappy behave!!

Grampasarms please keep the bathroom door closed.

I hope this helps

Hugh

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

An apology.

Larry (GrandpasArms) please accept my heartfelt apology for linking your good name with the ignorant and irrelevant.

You may be excessive compulsive, but you do not seem to be a jerk--nor a troll unlike nameless others.

Sincerely,

Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.