1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange bad habit any one else ever do this

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

It took me a little time to figure this one out but here is what I was doing. I have a fitted stock and the gun fits me great when I keep my mouth shut!! I realized that when I miss I do some dumb ass grin that moves the point of impact because my cheek is not relaxed!!I have no idea how I got into this habit but most of the time I miss I realize my mouth and cheek are in that position. It is a hard habit to break. I can usually shoot 23 or better when I remember not to do this. Have any of you guys ever had a similar problem. On my last round today shooting 7/8 7.5 shot I was crushing the birds, and the misses I believe were caused by the change in my mouth and cheek because it throws of proper alignment.

2. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I can't do it, but alot of the GUYS I know can grunt AHHHHH, or URGGGGGHH It comes from their bellies and not their mouths and they don't seem to have that problem.

3. tonyd642

tonyd642 TS Member

My gun only fits with my mouth open. Once I figured out that closing my mouth to say pull was throwing me off I started calling my birds by saying TUT. Worked like a charm.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Must be for those of us that have our cheeks tight down into our gun. I found that saying "Aaaaahhhhh" helped make my shooting more consistent.

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"My gun only fits with my mouth open. Once I figured out that closing my mouth to say pull was throwing me off I started calling my birds by saying TUT."</blockquote>

I found I had exactly the same problem so I switched from calling "PUULLL" to using "HOOOOO" but it started attracting unwanted attention.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.