1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Straight Patches

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crickets, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crickets

Crickets TS Member

What is the proper protocol for 25, 50, 75, and 100 straight patches? Is this something you buy yourself when you reach those mile markers, or is the modest thing to do wait for someone else to give you one? Do Practice straights count, or should they be from registered or competitive shoots?
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Any time you break them all it counts.

I don't believe in the "if its not registered it don't count" baloney.
  3. lostandout

lostandout Member

most times the club will give them to you
  4. Ross

Ross Active Member

grntitan is %100 correct, you broke em you get the patch, if it's your 1st one (25-50-75-100) mention it to the person in charge they will (should) give you your patch or see to it that one is sent to you. Be proud & happy, then go after the next bigger one. Ross Puls--(still going after my 100. several 99s but no 100)
  5. AEP

AEP TS Member

I scored my first and only 100 straight targets, practice, and the club didn't have one to give. They were going to get me one, but it's been over a year and never seen it. I would love to have one. Oh well I guess I will have to shoot another one. I try every weekend.

Andy P
  6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Active Member

Our club in the past gave them to any one that ran targets. Now they charge $1.00 for them.
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Active Member

"Our club in the past gave them to any one that ran targets. Now they charge $1.00 for them."

I am sorry but I don't believe the question is how much they are but rather where do they get them?? If they are selling them they had to purchase them. But where????

Bob Lawless
  8. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

There are the brand patches put out by the ammo producers which we give out for the first 25, 50, 75 and 100 and there are patches that have ATA on them these we give out only for registerd scores. Gary @ Havasu
  9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Active Member

Crickets they seem to have them and now they are sending them to one another. Yet they aren't telling you where they getting them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless
  10. 85TTR

85TTR Member

The ATA web site sells them and I get them a the link above. Paul

[​IMG]

Straight Score Patch

Everyone loves a little recognition. Three-color embroidered patch available in 25, 50, 75, and 100 straight.

Federals $.50 each on the Federal site.

[​IMG]

ATA Patches $2.25ea on the ATA site
  11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

If you have a 100 at an ATA shoot, I believe the state association will provide you with a pin & the ATA will provide a certificate. They did with my 1st 1.
  12. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Does the ATA mail it out or should you request it. I never received one. Or should of the club where the 100 straight run at have notified the ATA or do they just pick it up from the score sheet?

I know my first one was not in Trap and Field because the club manager did not send the information.

At a Southwestern Zone shoot where I won class the ATA sent me a nice ATA bowl and the club gave me a nice trophy and a 100 straight pin and patch but I have never received a certificate. The frame on the left holds my patches and pins.
    xtrap2_2008_0303_1.jpg
  13. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I thought the certificate came from the ATA, but I may be wrong. I'll have to check mine to see if it from the ATA or our State organization. Naturally, the club where it occurs has to send in the report. Just sucks when folks don't do this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.