1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stout rapid reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by number five man, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number five man

number five man TS Member

This is my first post, although I have been browsing this sight fot several years. I am interested Finding some information on The Stout Rapid reloader for a friend that does not have a Computer.I have been reloading since the mid 1950's a nd I have never heard of the Stout Rapid reloader. He tells me that it seems to be very well made . Any information , would be very appreciated. Thank's

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I own one.. It is a TOTALLY machined steel 12 gauge reloader.. Very similar to a STAR reloading press.. It features auto prime/powder/wad/shot holders..and in its day was the very best money could buy.. If my memory is correct.. it sold for about $300 when everything else was less than half.. I've never used mine.. but what a engineering marvel... Very few were ever produced..

3. number five man

number five man TS Member

Hi, perazzi big bore, Could you give me some more information On the Stout Rapid Reloader? When were they made ? where were they made?. Is there any parts available?My friend isn't sure he has all the parts, to make it workable. I thank you for your reply .

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

We bought a Stout Rapid Reloader for the Travis AFB, California skeet range in 1963. Anyone could use it and that was the problem. It was set up to load paper Winchesters by feeding an Alcan primer, 22 gr. of red dot, an air wedge, a 3/8 inch feltan bluestreak and 1 1/8 ounce of #9 shot if memory serves. Guys would try using something else and the mechanism was protected with shear pins. When the shear pin supply ran out, some genius substituted bolts. In May of 1965 I dropped the machine off at the manufacturers place in Los Angeles. I swear they had tears in their eyes when they saw what we had done to their machine. Ron Renouf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stout rapid reloader

stout reloaders