1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stossel - Police Harass man Legally carrying gun

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

AT LINK

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Maybe this one will work if not it's here.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2011/05/16/philly-police-harass-threaten-shoot-man-legally-carrying-gun

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a risk you take if you carry a gun- one cant tell a legal person from one that isnt legal

I have a carry permit and yet I know that

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. sliverbulletexpress

Would you admit that there are some police officers that have a problem with "civilians" having guns? And further they display it from time to time?

I got disgusted watching a Police Women of Broward County episode the other night because of the anti gun sentiment shown. They lost a viewer. And many episodes of Cops especially ones from some of the Northern states like NJ really take it out there, like claiming a BB gun was a M16.

5. g7777777

Sure there are problems- a law enforcement officers decision making tree becomes simpler if only the bad guys are carrying guns

Also even well meaning civilians with firearms can cause problems.

But- you have to expect this if you carry a gun

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I didn't think Iowa had a concealed carry law.

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

sky buster, All states have some sort of carry law. Two exceptions Illinois and Wisconsin. Wisconsin will have it this year as it is out of commitee and headed for the Assembly.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As there are rotten apples in every bunch, left there they will spoil the whole lot.

Law enforcement is not exempt. As they continue taking in more and more ex-military personal, because they believe they are getting "better" individuals. The "whole" is getting spoiled.

There is a total difference between citizens and combatants. And when you have government agency's labeling citizens as "egregious", the more militaristic law enforcement becomes, the easier it will be to control the citizenry.

Law enforcement should be jumping at the conceal carry issue and getting totally behind it.

I would question seriously the "protect and to serve" concept of any law enforcement officer who didn't trust a law abiding citizen having a firearm concealed on his or her person.

This is from the knowledge I personally have of some law enforcement officers who are ex-military THAT shouldn't be in uniform let alone be packing a firearm with the states blessing!

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I'm seeing more and more uniformed cops who are nothing more than skinhead, highschool bullies who now carry a gun. Been in the Army, need a job, don't have an education, go be a cop. Yes, they have to deal with the dregs of society, but that's the job they chose (or is that the only place they can go that they get to push people around and act tough?) The vulgarity laced harassment of someone legally carrying a firearm, once the man identified himself as a licensee, was out of line and should have resulted in discipline and training for the police officers. The only difference between cops and thugs is one is wearing a badge. I know there are good cops out there but I'm seeing fewer and fewer as time goes by.

10. g7777777

Tiberfallen and Yakiman- you guys were wannabees werent you? wanna be in the military , wannabee in law enfocement. But you couldnt cut it?

Never good enough.

The men and women we have in the military now are probably the best the world has ever seen both morally and training wise.

Same with law enforcement.

You two just werent good enough apparently and will always have a chip on your shoulder or so it seems

Probably werent good enough to play sports in HS or college either and no success with women. Or maybe you are just fishin. Either way you shouldnt be complaining about the people that keep you safe while you sleep at night and contribute nothing to the national security.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. yakimaman

Gene, not a wannabe here at all. I was - 23 years active duty, 1966 - 1989 SMSgt,USAF retired - active hunter and shooter all my life - never wanted to be a cop. How much active duty time do you have?

12. g7777777

Well Yak- then you obviously have a bone to pick with Army people and Law Enforcement- my comment stands- typical attitude of a wannabe.

Or you fell on your head. To ridicule those serving in ground combat roles today is not only a total lack of support for the military but rather it borders on some other disease.

But thanks for your serivce- just not sure what happened to you. I bet you dont share those views of service men and women in ground combat with the local VFW. Are you qualified btw to be a full member of the VFW?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. yakimaman

Gene, played football in HS, if that 3 years of adolescence means anything. A little conflict in SE Asia and our country's military conscription policies of the time pretty much negated any college for a while - picked up my degree working and going part time. Women? Didn't know that was a measure of manhood but maybe so in Iowa. I found one in 1968 and we're celebrating 42 years now. I'd say that was fairly successful. Good folks in the military, bad folks in the military - a cross section of the citizens of this country. If they were all great, you wouldn't see soldiers accused of rape and murder. As a whole we have the best forces we've ever had but that doesn't mean there aren't any bad apples. Same with cops - what I'm seeing is more and more bad apples. So you want to insult me? Fine, go right ahead -you're hunkered down in a corn field somewhere where you can say what you want without fear of a bloody nose - but tell you what, you get out your DD Form 214 and let's compare your service record with mine - OK? I will copy it and post if for all to see - you do the same and then we'll talk about contributions to national security.

14. g7777777

Rich or yakiman-m,or emailrmiller9815@wideopenwest.com, now you say you were in Vietnam? Where,how long were you on the ground and with what unit.

Yakiman you characterize the Army ( I assume Marine Corps also) "Been in the Army, need a job, don't have an education, go be a cop. Yes, they have to deal with the dregs of society, but that's the job they chose (or is that the only place they can go that they get to push people around and act tough?) "

These young men and women of today that are serving in ground combat roles are smarter than you, have a great sense of their moral compass and are led by the best society has to offer.

They have been in ground combat for 10 years, longer than any time in the nations history.

Either you are total liar or something is wrong with you beyond the wannabe complex.

So tell us about your ground combat role in Vietnam please. Your name would be nice also. These are the only parts of your DD214 claims I want to see, those parts of your ground combat role in the military. You didnt answer, do you have the awards that qualify you for full membership in the VFW?

I see you are trying to back up on what you said about the military now but I cut and pasted just some of your original comments before you go back and change them like Aprice does.

BTW same comment from me about police- harder selection, more competition and the best law enforcement we have ever had. Yes, despite your rantings, military service is a plus.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

15. yakimaman

Gene, two posts now and you've not answered the question. How much active duty time in any branch of the US Armed Forces do you have?

Rich

16. g7777777

Rich yakiman- your DD214 showing your ground combat role you claim in Vietnam please.

And do you qualify for full membership in the VFW or not?

So you think Law Enforcement and the Army are the dregs of society huh? Yakman you said "The only difference between cops and thugs is one is wearing a badge" Waiting for your evidence of your ground combat service in Vietnam.

My guess is a lot of readers are waiting for that evidence. Including those that you might sometimes shoot with.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

17. sliverbulletexpress

I have to disagree about military service necessarily being a plus for police work. Now we have young people coming back from Iraq who have been kicking in doors all day without regard, which is their job over there, but that doesn't work over here. I see way too much militarization of the police already and the US VS THEM attitude looks to be getting worse at least in some places.

18. g7777777

Silverbullet express- Of couse you dont think Obama is President of the United States either.

Were you in ground combat in Vietnam with yakiman also? What units and what years?

"Kicking doors in all day without regards" Where do you get that from? Very sorry appreication for the people that keep you safe at night.

You are wrong also. There are moral decisions made every minute in the combat theatre of operations of today.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS Apriceee - has anyone from the local VFW come knocking on your door to substantiate your big claims of being a big military commander yet?

19. yakimaman

Gene, you need to learn to read in a bit more detail. Go back and look at my posts.

The only thing anyone is waiting on is an answer - what branch of the US Armed Forces have you served in? For how long? Why are you avoiding answering the question?

20. g7777777

yakiman- you can be charged with Federal felonies if you lie about service awards. So we are all waiting for you to back up your claims of ground combat service in Vietnam.

Amoung your other outrageous comments about Army people and law enforcement you say when I asked you about education "A little conflict in SE Asia and our country's military conscription policies of the time pretty much negated any college for a while"

You didnt answer if you were qualified for full membership in the VFW or not. I hope some of your local VFW guys shoot with you, maybe they can help you remember.

Or are you trying to edit or change the meaning of your posts?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS yakiman or rich miller or whatever your name is it seems like someone is trying to hide behind their computer screen claiming to be a war hero while badmouthing the true heros of today- the young men and women in ground combat roles and the law enforcement people that are in danger each day.

I am hoping the local VFW and American Legion members help you clear this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.