1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Storm shooting coat lost water proofing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rob111, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob111

rob111 Member

My storm coat getting me wet,what can I do to re water proof it . Any help / ideas ..thanks in advance..Respectfully, Rob Mize

2. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

John told me to hang it up and spray a good water repellent on it, soak it till the liquid is running off.

3. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

There are lots of good water repellants on the market. I sprayed my winter rescue gear every year .

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Scotchguard is an easy spray on. I get it at the hardware store. I find that a couple of thinner applications seems to last longer than a heavy soaking one. Good luck

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've used the spray that Walmart sells in their Camping Dept. It's made for tents, but worked well on my hunting stuff. Inexpensive too.

Curt

6. rob111

rob111 Member

Thank you all for the good advise..do we know any name brands to spray with ,and where to get tham. Rob

7. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

when I inquired with Mr. Storm about the same problem, in fact I was going to buy a new jacket he said spray the old one which I did and worked fine.

8. Lewes

Lewes Member

I have had good success with Revivex Spray-on water repellent for outer wear (from GearAid), I used it on a Goretex jacket. Irv

9. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

+1 for Revivex, but I've also used Scotchguard. Both will work fine for your application. Check Amazon or any Big Box store.

10. rob111

rob111 Member

I called Leslie at Storm and asked what to use ,she never heard of one failing but would call the fabric mfg and find out why it would leak , said she would stand behind the jacket .will call me tonight ..respectfully, Rob Mize

11. bossbasl

bossbasl Active Member

Rob is correct in calling Leslie. She is a class act like her father and will do what it takes to correct any issues with any Storm product. Lyle Axt

12. rob111

rob111 Member

Talked to Leslie, what a nice lady, gave all the help I needed,very professional and honest, can't wait to meet her so I can buy another coat ,would recommend storm and there service to everybody.Respectfully,Rob Mize

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.