1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Storm iM3100 vs Starlight 061338 vs ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just purchased a boyt takedown case for my tubed skeet gun, thanks Kurt @ Great Lakes Sporting (www.800shotgun.com) (i'm getting a little tired of lugging the americase around all the time, i feel like i'm going to pull something when I lift it in and out of the trunk LOL). I would like to get some sort of outer "shell" for it for use when I travel out of town to a shoot, or when I fly with my gun in the future. The ultimate would be the Tuffpak, but it costs almost double compared to the next viable alternative. I've been looking at the Starlight 061338 (I can get one for $160), or the Storm iM3100 (I can get one for $182). The nice thing about the storm is it has built in wheels, but I can buy aftermarket wheels for the starlight, which would make it cost $1.87 more than the storm case, so thats not really an issue.

Any thoughts on either of these cases, or something similar in the same quality/price range? SKB also makes the Rail Pack case that would work, but seems like a step down in quality compared to the Storm or Starlight, for not that much less $ (and I like the fact I can use separate locks for the Storm and Starlight, instead of using the attached latch/locks).

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

any thoughts?

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Don't know about the Starlight but I do have a Storm case and it is outstanding. Survived many flights and no damage to the gun and the case looks just fine sporting a few scratches. Wheels are a HUGE bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.