1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Storm communications

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It appears all my buds who bundled their phones & use the local cable companies for their phones, have no service. With no power the old land lines still work.

Phil Berkowitz

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Cell phones will last a lot longer than cable based, the FCC mandated 8 hour battery backup. Of cell towers after Katrina....you just need to keep your cell phone battery charged...and Smart phines use approx 45 times the battery..turn off all surfing capabilities, and pwr using apps..only leave the voice/txt capabilites active, use the text option over voice, it uses less power to extend life of ur battery...LarryB (T'Mobile Field Technnician)....

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Invest a few bucks in a car charger for your cell phone.

After Katrina I was able to keep in touch with my friends who could recharge their cells in their car or truck.

Also ... keep some ca$h on hand! In an emergency, credit cards and check are useless because there is no way to process them if the electricity is out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.