1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stopping a new AWB

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mtimney, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

We may face an attempt at a new assault weapon ban. We need to start now to stop it from happening. And by 'we,' I mean each one of us.

We cannot and should not rely entirely upon the NRA or any other organization to fight for us. I think gun owners have all been too dependent upon shooting organizations to fight our battles for us.

I believe we each need to take action because these organizations tend to "preach to the choir." The NRA, for all its done for gun owners, doesn't have much credibility with non-gun owners. (Please, let's not turn this thread into a discussion of the merits of the NRA!!!! I would like this thread to be about what we might be able to do individually.) We need to reach those who automatically reject whatever the NRA does. And that may mean an entirely different approach.

Here's a few ideas....

1) Write a RESPECTFUL letter to the editor of your local newspaper when an anti-gun issue arises. Spend as much time writing about what you do with firearms as you do arguing against gun control. We have to show the general public that we are not atypical Americans, that we care about public safety, and that our use of guns is something more than fanaticism.

2) Talk to people who don't know anything about firearms about what you do with guns. You don't even need to mention much about gun control. The idea is to show them that firearms are part of your family's tradition.

3) Be CONSIDERATE of those who disagree with you. Name calling and rage isn't going to get someone on your side...ever! Remember that while their solutions may be idiotic, their concerns are not. They're concerned with security, just as we are.

4) Use FACTS from independent sources about gun control doing next to nothing to prevent gun violence or crime. Arguing solely from a "this is my right" isn't enough to convince those who don't like guns.

My two cents..
    Mark To.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I predict a lot of people are going to be oiling their gardens.

3. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Wow.... no responses. Is everyone happier just bitching about things than actually doing something????

Mark T.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Ah, why should I care?

I shoot trap, why should I care about rifles?

Lets ban all mags over 5 rounds.

Sound familiar?

5. Brian in Oregon

Yeah. Ban lead shot too. My guns work with steel shot.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't need those plastic stocks. They are evil and the cause of many deaths. Especially that "BLACK" plastic. Ooooo its so bad. Nobody should be able to customize their firearm to their liking.

7. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Good job genius(timney)

Write a letter to the liberal anti gun editor of a liberal anti gun newspaper.I'm sure he will immediately see the light.I can just see the headline the next day "TROLLS, WE WERE WRONG! GUNS ARE GOOD!" Yeah, ok let me know how that works.

After you watse your time with your stupid letter, save your breath talking to non gun owning people. They don't give a s**t. Hell, some of the so called "trapshooters" on this site voted for the African born commie.

Two simple rules to ensure success in the gun battle...

1-Seek cover and gain fire superiority

2-Handguns we meant to be used to fight your way to your long guns.

8. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

You've got a lot of nerve, timney. Go away. You have zero credibility.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If I wanted a lecture, I'd go back to college. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Bob Falfa

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

mtimney.........I found this election cycle that our local paper will not print a letter to the editor if the subject matter was even close to anti-Democrat...even close to anti-city and even close to anything gun related.

They only printed one article out of seven I submitted and all that said was "Mitt and Paul equals prosperity for us all".

11. Brian in Oregon

Well Timney, did you write a respectful letter to Pelosi and Schumer? Did you make them see the error of their ways?

12. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

We'll see how many sheep turn their black rifles in when the time comes..I'm in Kalifornia and know there's more black rifles here than any other state. I doubt if a ban will be that successful anywhere, but control of the ammunition supply may be the next step. We had a great run for 200-years but change is in the air, and it's not going to be good..

Domenic

13. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I think our biggest asset will be to put so many guns and so much ammunition in the hands of private citizens that regulation or confiscation will be a near impossibility. I guarantee that passing any sort of ban is exponentially more difficult now than it was 4 years ago, I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of ar-15s are in the hands of private citizens in the past 4 years.

14. Francis Marion

Skeet man,

I agree with you 100%. Not only that, but I am doing my part to bring your theory to fruition.

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have 2 ar lowers on the way. Dunno if I'll do anything with them, but they are the only controlled component, other parts can be purchased at a later date.

16. Francis Marion

Again, I agree with you 100%. The stockpiling of components is a good thing.

17. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Guns are not about shooting sports! Guns are about LIBERTY!

When everybody had muskets, a musket was fine. Now that the enemy, be he foreign or DOMESTIC, has virtually millions of rounds of high kill rate ammunition, we must have more. We MUST also have the guns to fire that ammunition. Fluke a bunch of respectful letters.

18. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Here is something we should be following.

Read link above.

Trapgeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.