1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stop ringing in your ear

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I know this is called tennitius ? spelling ? However, I know that many of you gentleman will have this condition. I was wondering if any have tried the new drugs or natural remedies that have come on the market with any success. If so I would love to here the results of anything that will even lower the sound. I have had it for many years but it seems that recently sesveral new products claim to get rid of it. Any success stories and names of products that work.would be greatly appreciated by many of us readers. TY

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here ya go.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

TY- A large glass of good Virginia shine will stop the noises in your ear, but they will be replaced by voices in your brain that tell you to do things you would not do before drinking the shine.

Pat Ireland

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

And Patrick, just where can I get some of this shine?? Do you think if I drink it the voices from it will converse with the voices I already hear? Then I can stop conversing with them, and maybe I will not seem like I lost my marbles to others. Bulge.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kidding aside, this can be a very debilitating syndrome. I know of one trapshooter who was driven to distraction and minor depression due to the lack of sleep and anxiety due to tinnitis. He found relief via remedies prescribed to him at the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles. That is the best place to go for any syndrome related to ears/hearing. House Clinic has successfully treated astaunaut Alan Shepard for too much inner ear pressure, allowing him to return to space, i.e., to the Moon on one adventure. House Clinic also did an operation to help Rush Limbaugh. That may have been a good or bad thing depending upon one's viewpoint of Mr. Limbaugh.

Seriously, call first, the House Clinic for any ear/balance problem.

6. tbuster

tbuster Member

I have just developed a buzzing in my ear and had my ears tested to make sure that it wasn't an infection of sorts. The audiologist told me to try a couple of things. One is to cut out caffeine, which I have not completely done, and the other was to try some over the counter meds called Lipo-Flavonoid. They run about twenty five bucks for a hundred tablets and you can take up to two every eight hours three times a day. They may constapate you somewhat. I have been on them for about a week and a half and the noise is starting to diminish. I have cut back on the caffeine, and if necessary, I will cut it out completely if the noise does not go away in a couple more weeks. Don't know if that will help or not but you might give it a try as it is the least expensive way to go for the time being. Good luck.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, I thought you liked our conversations ! This hurts!

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bruce, in a round about way I am trying to get some of that shine from Pat. I haven't had any since I quit work 3 yers ago. I had a customer that would trade even amounts of his shine for my bottle of Crown Royal. Bulge.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    tbuster, interesting about the caffeine, because I have severe tinnitus, but also take caffeine to help ward off severe migraines. I guess I'd rather hear ringing than have a headache LOL.

10. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

i found if i cut back on the aspirin i dont get as much ear ringing.

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Have tried Lipo-Flavonoid with no results over a three month+ time frame. Lost $100.00 but not the ringing in my ears.

The new thing is a over the counter Quietist S/P? They (the mfg) claim to reduce ringing the first bottle or first week.

When I can find it and it is not $50.00 a bottle I will see if it works.

Rock

Jim

12. mjsweims

mjsweims Member

I tried lipo-flavinoids several years ago. As I recall I was told to double the dose for the first three months then cut back to the recommended dosage. After 6 months I had no improvement so stopped.
    Last night the rain woke me up, but when I looked outside it was dry. This can be a very frustrating condition.

13. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Mine came on stronger this week after shooting next to a guy with Max dram game loads for two rounds. I might go with plugs and muffs in the future, but I am afraid I would not hear any of the commands or the infrequent lost call when there was a chip.

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I shoot with plugs in my ears and electronic ear muffs turned up all the way. That way you can hear everything going on around you and still have double protection when you shoot.

15. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I just choose not to listen to my tinitis. I didn't think there was any treatment for nerve damage. Wish well to all.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just bought a 6 months supply of "Ring No More" and it`s a money back guarantee ?? Right !! I have till May 10th to file for the rebate . So far I`ve used almost everything made for Tinnitus with no help with either using it for the 6 months they say that you will see a relief . 2 days with this and it hasn`t helped yet -- just joking -- but in 6 months I`ll report back and let you all know . Also whether I got my money back . These pills taste like sugar pills .

17. Juiceman

Juiceman Member

Striper,

Look up the Shea Ear Clinic on the internet and read what they have to say about tinnitus. They do have a procedure to help reduce the ringing in the ears with no damage to your hearing. I have been to this clinic in Memphis, Tn and they basically wrote the book on the ear.

If you have ear problems and have found no cure locally, I highly recommend the Shea Ear Clinic. I think they are the last hope, however I don't think they write prescriptions for Virginia Shine!!

Ronnie Davis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.