1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop Complaining About the Price of Gas!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pdq, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

As in many other categories, by living in this wonderful U.S. of A., we've got things better than just about any other developed country in the world when it comes to the price of gas.

Take a look:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-World-Gas-Prices-From-10-atlantic-3055934388.html?x=0#

If you want to have really affordable gas, it appears your best best is to move to Venezuela or somewhere in the Middle East.

Pete

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"we've got things better than just about any other developed country in the world when it comes to the price of gas" because we have the ability to (and we do) refine more oil into gasoline than any other country in the world. The price of oil means little if you can't convert it into something usable.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_ref_cap_tho_bar_dai-refinery-capacities-thousand-barrels-daily

3. TC

TC TS Member

Don't forget that the tax exceeds the cost of gas in most cases. You really can't compare prices this way. You woud need to compare the wholesale cost per gallon.

4. warren

warren Member

Our economy, incouraged by our government, is based on the automobile and independent movement including our highway system not on mass transportation and it has been that way since the beginning of this county. For our government to allow and incourage a huge increase in the price of fuel is irresposible and downright traitores to its citizens.

warren

5. Steinkruger

Steinkruger TS Member

Stop Complaining About the People Who Are Complaining About the Price of Gas :)

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

It cost me exactly $100.00 yesterday to fill the tank on my service van, Are you going to smile and not complain when I have to pass along this increased cost? Once agin, high fuel and material costs are going to sink us all.

Our country deserves better from our elected leaders then what we've been getting.

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Why is it that a third world country like Brazil can convert their entire country to run everything on ethanol and they make their own right there. They do not import any oil.

If they can do it why can't we /

Cause all the law makers in DC have oil stock and they don't want to put any one out of work,or hurt their own stock value.......never mind the new industry and jobs it would create

I guess I just don't get it.

8. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Don't complain? Why not, we sit back and watch our elected officials give billions in tax breaks to oil companies that are posting record profits. But wait, the oil companies say that their profits have nothing to do with oil and the price of gasoline. The last time I looked this was a free country which allows people to complain, right?

9. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

There are people that work just to put gas in their car to get to work. Not everyone is all that wealthy so yes i dont think it is wrong to bitch about the prices!!!!

10. capulona

capulona TS Member

Warren,
    "Our economy, incouraged by our government, is based on the automobile and independent movement including our highway system not on mass transportation and it has been that way since the beginning of this county. For our government to allow and incourage a huge increase in the price of fuel is irresposible and downright traitores to its citizens."

This is not true: history has shown that the big business, US car manufacturers, Oil companies, refiners and distributors repeatedly fought and killed most large city plans to build mass transit, derailed high speed mass transport and inter-city train plans in order to sell more cars. And we bought into that "freedom" of driving.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Last time I did a search, I did not see any U.S. government owned oil companies. I for the life of me cannot figure out how they are responsible for the increase in oil, and gas prices. Please explain.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"As in many other categories, by living in this wonderful U.S. of A., we've got things better than just about any other developed country in the world when it comes to the price of gas. "</i>

What does that have to do with the price of rhinoceros meat in Denmark?

Our economy is too fragile for the price of gas. The mess we are currently in was pushed over the edge when gas hit $4 a gallon. And it's now back to $4 a gallon. We'll be in a full blown depression if it hits $5 a gallon. A lot of businesses are going to fail because consumers will wind up choosing some items to do without. This will cause another vicious cycle of more job layoffs.

13. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

STl FLyn from what I have heard,most govt officials have a great deal of company stock in oil related industry either from being purchased by them selves or gifts from some lobbyist from one time or another not to mention large sums of donated money to compaign fund and re election. Those govt officials no where their bread is buttered. When oil and gas goes up so do their profits and since they don't live on a budget like every day people and they are well heeled financialy they simply don't care.Its all about the mighty dollar and they don't give a damm about us-the little people. They won't vote on anything to hurt the big oil company's.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Don't complain when food prices triple either.

It's a good thing the founding fathers had a set of stones. They would be very upset to see what we did with all their hard work.

15. wm rike

wm rike Member

About all those guys in DC that own oil stock and are sticking it to you. When someone makes that claim, I have to wonder just how dumb a stump can be if they don't go out and buy themselves some stock too. Or don't they believe what they are saying?

Gasoline isn't the only petroleum product. Although gasoline may be crossing some made up, imaginary threshold, why isn't anyone here rejoicing about about the dirt-cheap price of natural gas? Two thirds of our oil has to be imported, but our natural gas is produced in the lower 48. Cheers to the oil companies that make it possible it.

16. warren

warren Member

Capulona; Why did Eisenhower build all those freeways right after the war if not to encourage individual travel and why has the public continually rejected mass transit. Take a deep breath.

warren

17. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Wm rike...can't say much about natural gas but a few years ago I went with propane heat.Back then it was cheaper than oil. Not anymore as it cost me more to use propane for heat than oil ...when oil goes up so does propane, even though it comes from right here in the usa. I still have the oil heat as back up and usually run that most of the time. Now the propane is my back up.

And as for why don't we buy stock...if you have a pension plan or 401 k chances are you do have stock in big oil but you won't get much of a vote. They were just talking about this on fox new this morning. We do own the stock, at least some of it without even knowing.

18. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

doggai, do you really think there is no corruption in our gov't today ? Yes we need them but they are way out of touch with the real world we live in. Hence the tea party was born. People have had enough.They are starting to stand up and be counted. I don't believe everything they say but they do make some very good points.

To each his own............

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We do have a huge monkey on our backs when it comes to petrol. Having the ability to jump in one of our cars and go where ever we want when ever we want is a huge part of our way of life.

Now we have to sacrifice a bit more to continue with that lifestyle. Not fair? Who ever said life is fair? I think we got delt a pretty good hand just to have had this great life in the first place.

Time to adapt and improvise because crying won't keep you mobile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.