1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STOLEN! Stainless BT-100 Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mchadpayne, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchadpayne

mchadpayne TS Member

Stolen BT-100, Stainless reciever and barrel, in a heavy black case. The gun was stolen a while back and the police will not really do anything, so I figured this couldn't hurt. The gun was stolen from a house in Chickisha, Ok. There were not that many of the stainless bt-100's made I think it is around 1800 total. I will give a reward to any one who finds it. I figure it will show up at a trap shoot around oklahoma city or wichita falls. Please help the serial number is 03178NRJ99. my phone number is 918-978-9968 and my email address is mchadpayne@gmail.com.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Make sure to alert every pawn and gun shop along with sheriffs dept in a 100 mile radius as well as post at gun club boards...a gun like that is so special purpose that a real crook will try to unload it quick...keep up hope and something may pan out for you like the fellow whose K80 was recovered on another TS thread

3. t-bar

t-bar Member

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

There's a 32" barreled SS BT-100 for sale on shotgunworld.com.

ss

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I saw that and asked for info/pics shortly after the ad was posted.

dunno.

Bob

6. mchadpayne

mchadpayne TS Member

this is a picture of another bt-100 stainless It was stolen a while ago but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask for a little help. thanks for all the replies

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A stainless BT-100 with a moneymaker rib should stand out like a sore thumb.

ss

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The thieves know they cannot sell because trapshooters have internet. It will be Pawned and sadly a lot of those Pwan shops don't check, don't care, just want to make a buck. They also know that the sooner they sell it the better because they have the cash and the buyer will lose the gun if found. These pawn shops are springing up all over. There must be 5 new ones here in the last few months. I went into a few and the people operating them are real losers. I ask to see an item and said I would buy it if I could call the authorities and check it for stolen. I was asked to leave the store?

9. mchadpayne

mchadpayne TS Member

I believe there needs to be some regulation on pawn shops. they have free range and they know that half of the stuff is stolen.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

There is, it is called accepting stolen property,,,it is against the law and if caught they lose the property and have a chance to go to jail. The problem there is not a central database of ser. #'s of stolen guns. One of the many things that the anti-gunners don't want to talk about.

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Howard Co.Md Police ran weekly inspections of all intaken firearms in all pawn shops and gun stores just to make sure ser#s were clean...it finally evolved that the shops would call in a ser# before a dime was shelled out...it worked real well as a lot of gun thieves were jailed

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Calvin, thats a good idea. I know of one shop here that does check them out. Buckhorn Gun & Pawn is very honest and owned by a good operator. I cannot say that for the rest of them. The local pawn shops have expanded from 1 - 6 stores and lot;s of new ones every week. They have absolutely no morals or values other than making a $$$

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Also, be sure to inform all legitimate gun outlets in your area.

14. mchadpayne

mchadpayne TS Member

still no luck but still trying. Thanks for all the help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.