1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen Shotguns in So Cal -

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Sep 10, 2013.

1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Hi all,

Just trying to spread the word regarding a recently stolen (Saturday evening, Sept 7) K80 and 391, along with shooting gear, in So Cal. The burglary took place in a restaurant parking lot in Upland, CA. They belong to some folks who I know through sporting clays; was actually hanging out with them at a shoot earlier that day. Heard about it from some others at a Sunday shoot, and another friend recently started a thread with more details, including footage of the suspect:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=367638

If you can, please be on the lookout for a K80 Super Std along with a Beretta 391, or the POS in the photo.

Let's hope they catch the thief and get those guns back.

Ray

2. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

When I go out to eat when traveling with my guns I look for a restaurant with seating next to windows and ask to be seated where I can see my vehicle.
    Bud

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Here's a jpeg pix of the suspect. Someone in the Upland area knows who this guy is!!

Guns stolen in S.Cal usually are headed to Mexico haste pronto!!

HAP

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

And you have video? That is great, how did you get that so fast?

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

HAP,

Make sure this gets reported to Pacific Sporting Arms. They are probably the most well known and largest gun dealer in So. Cal. They helped arrest the POS's that stole a K-80 from Triple B a couple years back when the POS's tried selling them the gun.

Kevin

6. Hap MecTweaks

Kevin, I went to the web-site and saved the pix, re-worked it into a jpeg so it could be shown on web-sites and sent via email.

RayReys could pass it along to his friends that lost the guns? I'd have this guys mug shown at all the places that buy/sell guns, pawn shops, flea-markets gun clubs and anywhere else I could think of!

I'd also pay a shop to make up a poster to post in that area for someone knowing this guy also! Someone knows who this is in the Upland area!! That, along with the guns descriptions and serial numbers with a reward! Include the case number from the Upland police dept also.

HAP

7. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The Krieghoff is a K-80 Super Standard, serial number: 100759. It has a J&S Air Cushion stock, which has the 2 separate pieces of wood which index together. It has the black extended Muller chokes. The Upland Police Department phone number is 909-946-7624. Hap, thanks for transferring over the jpeg pic. The owners are friends of mine and I'm sure that they appreciate your efforts. Bob

8. RayReys

RayReys Member

Thanks Hap and Bob - I've got a similar post/link on calguns too - i'll include the upland PD info as well- hoping that the perp and the items he stole turn up soon -

9. Hap MecTweaks

I can only hope I've helped a tad and do hope they get their guns returned and the GHERK goes to jail!!

I've had a dose of this happen to me also back in the early 80s. A thief stole most all my guns (6)of 9 and dang near put me out of the shooting games. Did for several months!

I was told to include the police dept. number AND the case number on any flyer's I put out. Quicker for the PD to find the case in the files!! I did get two of my model 12s back after several years being gone. One, I'd had since I was a young man and used it for trap shooting. I've since had it engraved and will shoot my last ATA targets with it, then it goes to my grand son.

HAP

10. RayReys

RayReys Member

Quick update - talked to the owners today; they got flyers out at the range where the suspect was seen by some regulars -

Also - it's a Beretta 390 instead of a 391 - it's a 30" Gold Sporter with a Comp N Choke extended choke, and no safety installed.

surveillance footage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bdGaSIHrZA

read the comments from the poster (it's from the owners) re. the timeline of events (it's a long video)

11. ljuticsscentennialpro

Go to Youtube. Input: Video of Suspect in Gun Theft. Go to 39:50 mark.

12. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

I don't understand why they have not gotten the perp yet?
    CSI would of had him nailed in a matter of hours.
    John

13. ljuticsscentennialpro

14. RayReys

RayReys Member

Update: got a quick text message from a buddy - looks like they nabbed the guy and recovered the krieghoff! Woohoo!

15. jhunts

jhunts Active Member

Hope it's in good shape. Good news.

16. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Great news

17. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Super

Stay on top of the police to insist that they prosecute the perp, and not let him off in the interest of justice.

Dave