1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If you happen to find a blued Kolar serial # 406 for sale, don't buy it, it was stolen from me. Kolar and the appropriate authorities have been notified. I hope to get my new one this week. Bill Malcolm

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Sorry to hear about this . Please tell us were it was Stolen .

ALF

3. Beretta687EELL

Thanks ALF. It was stolen in Ontario, Canada. I am told that it will likely migrate down to the USA. I spoke with the folks at Kolar and they told me that they had just recovered one that was stolen 4 years ago. It was returned to the person that it was stolen from. The poor fellow that bought it in good faith ended up being out the money, at least in the short term. Bill Malcolm

4. bas

bas Member

Hey Bill....I heard about your gun getting stolen....what a bummer - and this was BEFORE the Candian's, right? Drop me a line....tell me the whole story

5. Beretta687EELL

Betty, I sent you an e-mail.

Jerry, the K-80 was watching you shoot yours and followed your lead.

Thanks, Bill Malcolm

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I hate thieves worse than ilegals

7. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Just once I would to catch a thief in the act... That gun will show up somewhere at some point. Dude has a good ass whipin comin..

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bill,

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope they find them and feed them to the Wolves ... Hope you get it back before they can play gunsmith and modify it too much for you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Bill...

We will all be keeping our eye out for your gun.

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

This is a situation that has always troubled me. I hope you get your gun back.
    If a person legally buys property from a dealer that was stolen and years later it is discovered that your purchase is not yours. Who's is it? The Feds approved the transfer and the insurance company probably paid off on the gun. Is the dealer you purchased the gun from liable or are you SOL? Would your homeowners pay you for your loss? I tend to shy away from all private transfers for this purpose and only buy the gun if the seller is willing to go to a dealer in their state to complete the transfer. Those out there that do car trunk transfers without a dealer are encouraging the theft of guns.
    Just my opinion. Joe

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Bill, Shoot me an email on my own shotgunpeople@*****. Make it in the form of a sign so I can print it and hang it at the NY State shoot this week..that is provided you won't be down. I'll be leaving here Thursday for Cicero.

Too bad you couldn't get the K gun back like you did a new truck...Good Luck

Dave in NY

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Bill: Have they recovered the pickup?

My late friend had an MX8 combo stolen out of one his semis he owned. He liked to drive once is a while and shot at shoots along the way. It was stolen from his rig around the Chicago area.

He got insurance money, but later the insurance company called to say it was recovered and wondered if he wanted to buy it back. Unfortunately, the thieves cut the barrels off to make it a scatter gun.

Whiz

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Good luck on getting your gun back. When my house was robbed it took almost two years to get back my guns and then I had to argue the point that I wanted the receivers when the thieves had cut the barrels off two of the field guns. If your gun is recovered I hope it's intact and shootable. Too bad there are those out there that preferr to pilfer than work. Dan

14. Beretta687EELL

Thanks for all your comments and kind wishes.

All legal firearms are registered up here in Canada. If someone attempts to sell it and the buyer tries to register it, the system will kick it out. That is the only benefit to the registration system that we have. If anyone tries to shoot it at any of the gun clubs in this area, I expect I will hear about it, as mine was one of a very few in this area. Some of my friends have indicated that they expect the barrels have been shortened and the stock cut off ... the dirty dogs. Most people expect it to go to the USA. As indicated above, I expect it will eventually turn up.

The insurance company has agreed to pay for a new Kolar, so I am waiting for it to be finished and arrive. I should hear from Jeff Mainland today with word on when I can expect it.

My truck was recovered. They drove it into the bush and removed the tires and rims and dropped it on it's belly. The tow truck operator dragged it out without tires and rims and as a result ripped a lot of the front end off the truck. The result was that the insurance company wrote it off. It was my Dad's last truck and to say the least I was upset about loosing it. I added some cash to the insurance settlement and bought a new Silverado, which is equipped about the same as the one I lost.

In the end I shouldn't make out too badly as far as replacing what I lost, but it has been 4 - 5 weeks of running around chasing my tail. Bill Malcolm

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I wonder if anyone has an economical small Gps locator so we could LoJack our guns.
    Joe

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I like that idea Gunfitter...how about a tiny hidden microchip like we do to our pets that a potential buyer can have checked for owner info

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

In the past, some one had put a cell phone in their gun case, they said it helped locate the gun while it was still in the airport vicinity.

Lou

18. Beretta687EELL

Cousin John, My Truck was cover under an auto policy with Pilot Insurance. The contents of the truck are covered under my house hold policy, which is with The Economical Insurance Group. I purchase my insurance through a local broker. I don't have a specific rider on the shotguns, as I was told it is not required by the broker. Bill Malcolm

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you collected money from an insurance company for a stolen gun, the insurance company probably owns the ownership rights to the gun if it is recovered. HMB

20. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bill I am sorry to hear of your lost.I will keep a look out for it out west. Trevor Dawe.