1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen K-80 Ser. # 13242

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Still out there. Stolen 4 years ago, #13242, lightweight receiver, sporter. Ottsville has all updated info. Some dealers did not want to take my info, surprised me. All I am asking is that someone keep an eye out for # 13242. Thanks.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It would be nice if this site had a stolen gun list to check before doing any purchases, especially private transactions.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Let your sheriff department know about it! I had a rifle stolen years ago, get a call each year from them asking If its been found or not and do I want to keep the information in their system.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Why did some dealers not want to take your info? Seems strange, unless they don't want to get in the middle of a dispute.

I would also post on a few other shotgun sporting oriented websites as well.

5. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

This was reported to local police dept., still on file. I try to keep hope that some day it will show up. I am not giving up. There is no dispute to "get in the middle of", IMO. This was a higher end dealer too,that didn't want to be bothered with details, who deals in higher end competition guns. I just thought that the more dealers who were aware of the ser.#, and description of the K-80, the better............Rob

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

sooner fan, I certainly hope you and the other gentleman get your guns back too! I once had almost all my guns stolen and after several years went by, I did get 2 back. One was in a stolen car headed to Mexico that the CHPs stopped. The other was found in the office of a junkyard during a stolen car sting operation there. The one headed to Mexico said it was in the car when he stole the car and the junk yard creep said he found it in one of the many junks hauled in! Keep pounding out those numbers to anyone that will listen, you never know when or where one may turn up?

We definitely do need a "hot" list for stolen guns that we could have access to but the gov and states aren't going to assist us in tracking them either. I was always under the impression that according to FFL rule, gunsmiths, pawn shops or specialty shops must keep a log of serial numbers on file of ANY guns they handle, fix or modify?

Guns headed into Mexico that make it across the border, we can kiss goodbye!!

Hap

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Just make a thread called "Stolen Guns".

NO ONE post except those who had a gun stolen. Give s/n and description and contact information only.

Person would just go to the search feature and type in Stolen Guns.

I have a pistol that was stolen quite a few years back. I did file a report. Ray

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

X Trap 2, such a thread could be a stickie at the top of the thread list with instructions it isn't there for debate but information concerning stolen guns only?

Hap

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if the high end dealer didnt want to take your information, he probably came across it somewhere down the road and did a transaction on it....I don't know why he would not take your information. Seems fishy to me.

There are a couple good sites to post stolen sporting guns, like shotgunworld and shootertxpages, in addition to here. Also some of the more generic gunboards like The High Road and The Firing Line.

10. AEP

AEP Member

I would contact the factory or USA rep. Someday it may need to be sent in for repairs.

Hope you find it and catch the Ba$t@rds who stoled it.

Andy

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

There are so many stolen guns out there, I'm not surprised that they don't want to take information. The list would be a mile long and most would never take the time to check it anyway. They leave such matters to the authorities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.