1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen K-80 Lexington, Ky

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grasshay, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grasshay

grasshay TS Member

Please be on the lookout for a K-80 S/n 25024 which was stolen from the trunk of my daughters car at her gaited apartment complex in Lexington, Ky. It has a PFS installed,Unsingle and doubles barrel. She is on the shooting team at the University of Kentucky and they had a shoot this past weekend. Based on undisclosed details I feel sure the person who stole it is an aquaintance. Time will tell.

Please contact me if you have any info.

Thanks,

Perry Lacy
    270-604-0830

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Perry

I live in Kentucky and will keep an eye out.

You may want to consider editing your post and take out "from the trunk of my daughters car." because people on this site will eventually lay 100% of the blame on your daughter for getting it stolen.
    The fine details do not matter...only that is was stolen and to be on the lookout for a K-80 with the serial number you listed.

I will edit my post as well.

Mark Rounds

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

I will keep an eye out and let the folks who don't use this website know.

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Folks,

There was a K-80 that was stolen from a shooter at Triple B in Los Angeles area a few months ago. The gun was recovered at a pawn shop, and the pawn shop had been alerted about the gun being stolen and called the owner.

You might want to alert all the gun shops and pawn shops in the area to keep an eye out for it.

Kevin

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I see nothing wrong with your post . The trunk of the car is hers right .
    I will be looking . Any recoil stuff PFS or such stuff ??

The se. number is simple to remember . 25024 will be looking

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont see where this was reported to the police? has that been done?

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

8. high 2

high 2 Member

Every time I here of a high end O/U stolen I have nightmares just thinking of some gang banger cutting the barrel off at the end of the forearm doing drive bys. Call Krieghoff Int. and give them the serial # and let them know. You never know. Good luck getting it back. Larry

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Grasshay one suggestion to you and daughter and all other trapshooters, un-plug the remote trunk release wire, you have to use the key to get in, if you leave the car unlocked on some models you open the glove box and push the trunk release button, and on foreign cars lock the doors as all you have to do is open the drivesr door and lift the trunk release lever.

I lost my K-80 that way from the trunk of my Monte Carlo when I left car parked in front of friends house in Dublin Ohio, but was lucky and it was recovered 3 months later less the forearm.

I had advertised in newspapers description w/reward and it was abandoned in a park and was under snow for 2 1/2 months, water never entered the K-80 Case from melting snow. Finder notified Columbus Police and the contacted me.

Theives also use remotes from different cars and cruise parking lots pushing the buttons and ALAS one opens.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What a darn shame...definantly post a description at gun clubs and pawn shops,...like the last K gun stolen..it will turn up when the crook thinks the heat is off..and with so many eyes looking, its bound to appear somewhere,..and definantly keep an eye on the Gun sale sites (Gunbroker, Guns America etc. in case they try parting it out..a little reward offered might motivate or jog someones memory too...It can be found with a little help from your friends!!!..Us

11. kenf

kenf Active Member

Two friends of mine were having a drink in the clubhouse after a shoot one time and while inside, a thief tried using a different key to break into the trunk of his Cadillac to get at the K-80, MX2000, and Mono gun that were in there. On the way home, Onstar called to see what was going on and to alert him of the attempted entry. The guns were safe, but neither park very far out of sight. This wasn't a large club either, but was a registered shoot nonetheless. Hard to tell if it was another shooter or not.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There are several legal reasons to report it to the police

If for example it was sold at a pawn shop and they dont know it is stolen- most likely they now have ownership

If you have any insurance coverage at all- failing to report it might lose all of that coverage for you

I still dont see it was reported stolen

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I knew Kentucky was horse country but a gaited apartment complex cracked me up.

14. grasshay

grasshay TS Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and concerns. The gun was reported stolen to the Lexington police on March 1st and the pawn shops in the area were alerted also. The police said that since there is only one officer assigned to handle thefts from vehicles it maybe a couple of days before anyone gets back to us. As of today March 4th, we have not been contacted. A note of interest……the Lexington police said they do not take fingerprints in these cases anymore.

Thanks Again for your help.
    Perry Lacy

15. jhoward

jhoward Member

Posted flyers at the Franklin County Sportsman's Club last night and sent a few over to Anderson county to be posted tonight.

16. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss! I had a similar problem with the police in my town.Seems they only take fingerprints if it's their stuff that's stolen!Otherwise it's not worth their time.What a great country we live in.

17. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

In nearly 23 years as a LEO I never once saw a case solved by fingerprints. That only happens on TV shows.
    Pat Haskins

18. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Sorry to hear about her loss, hopefully it will be recoverd soon and no one used it to hurt someone else.

"In nearly 23 years as a LEO I never once saw a case solved by fingerprints. That only happens on TV shows. Pat Haskins "

In 11 years, I've seen about 100 or so so there is hope, if not on the vehicle, maybe on the gun when it's recovered.

Best of luck and good shooting,

Franklin Darryl Hayes

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Krieghoff does!!

20. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

If the gun turns up at a FFL holder you will get it back. You must reregister it every 5 years, I believe. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

270-604-0830

franklin hayes trap dpd