1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

### ** STOLEN GUNS ** ###

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FlaLagarto, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

2 Shotguns -- stolen during a home break in -- Kansas City MO

Browning BT-99 and a Browning XT Ultra

The BT was in a Maroon Warwick hard case.. and the XT was in a Browning hard case. The XT had 5 Wright extended choke tubes, soft adj. comb and adjustable butt plates by Todd Nelson.

Serial numbers for these guns are...

Serial # for the XT 01726MM131 Manufacture # 013058426

Serial # for the BT 02175RP199

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

that's bad news. but i'm curious: where did you keep your guns? thanks

3. FlaLagarto

quartering,

I have a 20ga pump mounted on the side rail of the bed where all I have to do is drop my arm over the side to access it.. I have a pistol in the closet next to the door.. the rest of my guns in a small safe bolted to the floor and wall in a closet.

Are you planning on visiting my home?? I don't understand why you need to ask on a public web site where I keep my guns. Excuse me for being a bit touchy on this subject.. but I fail to see where it is mine or anyone's business where someone chooses to store their weapons.

Makes no difference if I kept them laying out on the kitchen sink.. I know many people who don't have a safe.. many keep them sitting on the floor of a closet .. or under the bed.. I know one gentleman who keeps his trap gun in a sleeve behind the seat of his truck all the time. I would bet that a good number of those who post on this site have a hand gun under the seat or in the glove box of their car or truck.

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Your right, it makes absolutely no difference where you guns are keep. If a thief wants your guns bad enough, they will take it out of you hands after they shoot you in the back or any other example you can think of.

There is no safe big enough, no lock strong enough, no hidden place secret enough...absolutely nothing you can do about a thief steeling something you have if they want it bad enough!

Mark Rounds

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

that's interesting. they went right for the safe rather than being deterred by it.

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I have a close friend that sure wished he did not have a safe when thieves stole his guns. They could not open the safe because it was locked so they hooked a log chain to it and pulled it out of the side of his house. Now he lost his guns, his safe and the whole side of his house was destroyed.

Mark

7. FlaLagarto

as·sume? ?/??sum/ verb, -sumed, -sum·ing (used with object)

1. to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This may sound stupid to some or a bit anal but i always transport my guns from my house to my vehicles as descretely as possible. I do live in town(not that it matters to a theif) and you never know who is really watching your every move. Most break-in thefts are NOT a random hit and usually know exactly what they are going for. If you are seen going in and out of your house with guns its a NEON sign to some "GUNS HERE". I'm not saying this is what caused this unfortunate happening but its my ongoing paranoia.---Matt

9. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

grntitan-

I agree that a little bit of paranoia (just a little) is healthy and reasonable for a gun owner to nourish.

LA in MA

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

LOL i agree a little and thats all i really meant. I'm not peek'n out of my blinds or hearing footsteps and such. LOL Just some of my thoughts.--Matt

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

A big burly dog will help with that issue, especially if it has been trained properly.

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

During my paper route days I was bite by a big dog and a smaller dog. The big one bite me a couple of times and quit but the small dog wanted to chew a bit. lol

A safe may not stop a professional thief but it will keep most of the thief wannabes from walking off with your possessions. Either way they should be strung up in public and flogged.

I'm hoping they catch the thief and you get your guns back in as good of shape as they were.

Bill

13. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

I came home from helping a friend get set up with hospice to find our house cleand out including my guns. My 2 dogs were sound asleep on the living room floor. One was a lab and the other was a sheepdog. They took all of my levi's, sweat shirts and my two pairs of elephant skin boots.

Clyde

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Too bad they didn't steal those two worthless mutts too!

Just kiding of course.

Guy

15. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

FlaLagarto, don't know why but I thought you live in Florida. Were these your guns stolen from your residence in KC? Makes no difference anyway. We all need to do what we can to be alert for these guns and let go of the criticism, we don't know all the circumstances anyway. You can't always stop criminals who are willing to break into a residence and steal guns. Leaving guns in a vehicle is always taking a chance.

You can do a google search and get a listing of gun shops in the area, it might be worth your time to print up some flyers and mail them out. Make double sure the Police enter your guns into NCIC so they will come up anytime a cop runs the serial number. Police pretty much run the serial number on any guns they come across these days, you might get lucky.

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

i'm surprised that your post hasn't generated any interest as to how your safe was breached. aren't you?

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Who cares about his safe? The mans guns are gone, like ccw said we all need to be on the lookout and help. we don't need to blame anyone except the low life scum that stole his guns.

18. quartering

quartering Active Member

who cares about his safe? it doesn't sound as if his safe kept his guns very safe now, does it? you don't really want to store your guns in a safe just like his now, do you? i didn't think so. good luck with it

19. FlaLagarto

quartering

Who are you?? Why are you so worried about my home and/or my safe.. Are you the one who broke in ?? Are you coming back ??

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Quartering,

Flalagarto has had guns for enough years to know how to store them, the burgulars obviously got lucky and discovered the guns, nothing more, nothing less ... Hope when the crooks feel the heat they will dump them someplace so they can be recovered and returned to the righfull owner ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.