1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STOLEN GUNS-STOCKTON CA 3-12-11

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vince McNamara, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I received the following in an email from Carl Reynolds and am posting it for him. If you run across any of the items please contact him and your local law enforcement.

I’m sad to report that I had two guns stolen out of my camper this weekend in Stockton:

1. Perazzi MX3 Special Trap Combo Serial Number #69615 in a black and aluminum Americase lined in blue velvet with ATA logo and 1997 Western Grand American Handicap Champion sewn in yellow. Blue ported barrels, nickel receiver, Shooter’s Emporium Soft-Touch, Allem Double Release Triggers. The barrel blocks are stamped C.C. Seitz as well. There is a “Made in USA” decal on the right side of the butt stock.

2. Angleport A391 Beretta Golden Sporting Clays in a canvas and Holland and Holland Leather soft case with the California Indian logo and my name stamped on it. The angle ported blue barrel is 28” long with a “0’ x 730 bore choke tube in the gun. The receiver is black with silver facing and the engraving is gold. The gun has a Monte Carlo butt stock with an Angleport stock weight inside; there’s also a Graco recoil reducer on the forearm bolt. There are eight Angleport 730 bore choke tubes in the shooting bag that start at .005 and go through .040 and one .067 Turkey choke; all are in Angleport plastic cases.
    I’m still waiting on the dealer for the Serial number. I’ll send it when I get it.

3. They got my California Indian Black Canvas Shooting bag with California Indian Potlatch 2008 and my name on it. It’s full of 12, 28 and .410 GA ballistic specialties choke tubes, Hy-Wyd frames and six pair of lenses, Perazzi Kit, Perazzi firing pins with springs, left and right hammer springs and ejector springs. There’s a Perazzi stock wrench, a pair of Bob Allen shooting gloves, small folding Allen wrench. There’s a wallet with my ATA Life Member ID gold plastic card, my NSSA member ID card, my Livermore Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club Life Member ID Card. There’s a ten shoot Stockton Gun Club ticket with either my name or Curt Paul’s name on it and ten shoot Livermore Rod & Gun Club shoot ticket as well. In a plastic Baker earplug pouch there’s seven or eight large Briley shoot tokens for the Stockton Gun Club (SGC) and about the same quantity of smaller diameter Briley shoot tokens for the Martinez Gun Club (MGC).

4. My Holland and Holland leather pouches and belt with the California Indian logo and my name stamped on them.

Please pass this on to my friends Fresno, Kingsburg and Kern County clubs for me. I’ll send this to others and ask them to be on the lookout for my guns as well.

I’m hoping to be able to pass on the Beretta Serial number once I receive it.

Thank you in Advance

Carl Reynolds Sr.
    510-636-4337 days
    925-292-8727 eves

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Will be watching for them here in San Diego...LarryB

3. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It looks like we are seeing more of this happening at clubs and shoots. I hope that you get your guns and gear back, and in good condition.

Our camper was broken into, but it was in our back yard. They got a beautiful buck knife that I had one at Winchester Gun Club in Virginia. It was my first doubles trophy. It tears your heart out.

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Vince/Carl,

We'll be watching here in southern Oregon. Don't much like this kind of worm.

Mike Mann

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Vince, other PDs may also ask for a case number too if someone calls them with a find!!

Hap

8. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Hap once the serial numbers are ran it should come up with a stolen hit and the associated case number in the CLETS hit.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Calkid, things may have changed somewhat since I lost several guns to a thief in CA in the early 80s. The Sheriffs dept told me to attach my case number to fliers and inquiries back then. I did get 2 of my mod. 12s back after several years though!

Hap

11. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

12. oletymer

oletymer Member

There is a reason that Forbes voted Stockton the most miserable city two years in a row. I went there for a job interview once and declined the job as I had no desire to live in a place like that.

13. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

For sure Hap it would be best to do that it makes it easier for reference. I was just pointing out that the case number is in the CLETS hit just in case you don't have it handy.

Bryan

14. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

16. Uncle Carl

Uncle Carl TS Member

Vince McNamara, thank you for posting this thread for me, I really do appreciate it. TS.COM sent me my old password and I was able to access the sight this evening - Thank you David.

Thanks to those of you who are keeping an out out for my guns; I pray that we find them soon and this nightmare will come to an end.

The weekend wasn't a total loss. Friday I won AA singles and long yardage handicap (Friday night the guns were stolen). At the awards breakfast on Sunday I won to sheepskin lined cleaning blankets; the only problem is I have nothing to clean - I've been CLEANED OUT! HAHA

Be safe, shoot well, enjoy life.

Carl Reynolds
    Livermore, CA

17. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

We'll keep an out down here in San Luis Obispo. I hope it all works out.

18. Uncle Carl

Uncle Carl TS Member

Claysmoke27,

Thank you for your help with this. If I can get my shooting life back together I fully intend to shoot the "Santa Maria 400" and the "Mudslide". The shooters in the Central Coast area of California are great people and one helluva lot of fun.

Carl Reynolds Livermore, CA

19. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

20. Uncle Carl

Uncle Carl TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.