1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen guns RECOVERED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joconnor, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joconnor

joconnor Member

Thanks to a never give up detective on the San Antonio Police Dept., our 3 Perazzi combo's have found their way home. Thanks for all the calls of concern and a special thanks to the San Antonio Police Dept. Jerry and Trish O'Connor

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

You are very fortunate, I had a handgun stolen from my office and it was found in Duluth and they kept the gun as evidence for over 1 year until the court ruled against the people and all appeal time was over. Glenn

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

great

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

That's great news. Everybody shooting the Lone Star Handicap at the National Shooting Complex was hacked off when they heard that your guns were stolen and will be equally glad that you got them back.

James Allen

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jerry,

That's great news. I'll bet your blood pressure has gotten back to normal and you're a bit easier to live with.

A couple of my guns were stolen from me a while back. When the police found them, the barrels had been had been cut down to "gangsta" length.

ss

6. joconnor

joconnor Member

I don't have all the details yet. I received an email from the detective at 1:53 this morning that another arrest was made. I am to call him later this afternoon. I'll do my best to keep you posted. Jerry O'Connor

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Are you going to pay the reward money?

8. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Great news.

In addition to the financial loss, the wrongness of the act and the possiblity that the guns could be used in a crime, such a theft is a very personal violation.

Hope this makes you feel better.

Lou

9. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

rick979

why is it that every post that I see you post on is something neg, have you ever tried a pos input.

lee

P.S It great that that we have good news like gun recovery posted it makes it a pleasure to read

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Lee,

'979 is just an ole sour s.o.b.. But don't say anything about him or he will go cry to the moderators.

ss

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That's great news Jerry!! Glad you got all your guns back!

I've gotten back 2 of 6 that was stolen from me 26 years ago in CA. I got those 2 back several years after they were stolen.

Hap

12. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Jerry (and Trish),

I am so glad to hear about the finding of your stolen guns and happy to hear something positive about the SAPD finally getting some guns returned that have given the National Shooting Complex such a "black eye". Hopefully with the World Skeet Shoot going on now as well as the National Sporting Clays Championship coming up at the end of the month, people might feel a little better about coming to shoot in SA. They still need to take every precaution, but hopefully the SAPD will start taking serious actions around stolen guns from the Complex.

I am sorry I didn't get a chance to speak with you during the Lone Star Handicap, but I figured the way you were feeling after this terrible situation, just one more person reminding you or talking about what had happened wouldn't be the best for you or Trish. I am so happy to hear some good news for once.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria Skeet and Trap Club

(Victoria, Texas)

13. powderburn

powderburn Member

So Glad for you!
    Now, if the Chesterfield Indiana Police Dept could do the same hard work the SAPD did for you, I might get my Century II back that some thug stole from me. My dad bought me that gun, and I know the rule on material things, but damn it, I would like that gun back! Even if the barrel is now hacked off. Oh well.......Life lessons are the hardest sometimes.
    Glad you got your stuff back.
    -powderburn

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

powderburn, it is probably at Batz pawn, just kidding.

15. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

How long ago were they stolen from you. I have been waiting 0ver 3 years and no word yet on 2 of mine stolen In San Antonio. And what is the Detective's name... I want to give him my case number.

By the way... congrats on getting yours back.

WesleyB

16. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

I'm glad for you. In 1982 I had a ljutic #1313 stolen at the Indiana State shoot and have never found it.

17. old tex

old tex TS Member

Just shows you that sometimes good things DO happen to good folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    unc

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm glad your guns were recovered and returned. I can't imagine the grief of wondering what the guns may have been used for.

19. joconnor

joconnor Member

The answer to Rick979's question is yes I did pay the reward. Jerry O'Connor

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You guys that are criticizing the detectives for not getting your guns back quicker ought to walk a mile in an investigators shoes. Most are very overworked, with a case load impossible to get threw. They work long uncompensated hours dealing with the worst scum on earth. Doing one of the hardest jobs there is, getting someone to give up their freedom for you, getting them to willingly (while you are being vigilant to protect THEIR civil rights) to tell you what they did and all the details so you can solve a crime and send them to prison. It's the hardest sell job in the world.

Then when you do recover some property you get no thanks, if you get 99% of the stolen property back for someone you get chewed out for the missing 1% and no thanks for what you did get for them.

It's just plain luck if you recover property from a case with no leads, no witnesses, and no serial numbers half the time. What is the investigator supposed to do pull the evidence out his butt? On top of that you have a crushing case load of murders, rapes, child molestations, all the worst. I'm sure there are some who don't give it everything they have but to even be an investigator you have to give up so much you can bet most of them would like nothing better than to recover your stuff and put a scumbag in prison. That is the only reward they get, the pay sucks, the hours suck, the divorce rate is off the charts and everyone you meet has an attitude towards you.

Next time you meet a detective show him respect, he deserves it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.