1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen gun please help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

I had a perazzi mx15 stolen out of my car. It was in a custom case that said Nebraska Handicap Champion. the gun was a 34 inch unsingle with a kick eez pad, briley choke tubes. It also had a custom stock and wood. The wood was kind of a orange color. It was very distinctive. if seen or found please call 402-227-5172 thanks travis

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Travis, can you give us some more information? SN, where the gun was stolen, Americase, etc.?

Steve E.

3. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

The gun was stolen out of lincoln, ne. It was in a colorado custom gun case that i won at the nebraska state shoot this year. The gun is one of a kind, it has a tan laminate stock. The gun case says Nebraska state handicap champion because i won it this year. The bluing on the receiver is wearing off on the bottom and the trigger is gold.

4. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

5. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Contact all the pawn shops you can with the picture...

Best of luck...

7. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Travis:
    Sorry to hear about your loss. That really blows.
    Was it taken at the last Lincoln T&S shoot? All the locals need to know about it as we're all pretty lax in what I thought was a secure/trustworthy environment.
    dju

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

That'll help, Travis. I frequent some of the pawn and gunshops here in Central Nebraska. Will inform them of your loss. Sure hope your gun can be located.

Steve E.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You might want to list it here...
    http://www.firearmsfax.com/

Site designed to help people recover stolen firearms - enter your serial number and if someone tries to sell it the serial number can be checked against a data base of stolen gun serial numbers.

A positive hit brings a visit from the police...

10. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

my car was parked on the street and i came back from a league shoot we have here and made the mistake of leaving the gun in the car. it was broken into over night. never had any other issues and didnt think anything of it. thought i lived in a pretty safe neighborhood but i guess i learned my lesson the hard way.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Well that is a pretty unique gun. If you can get the word around quickly I would think you could recover it. Watch the gun selling sites, and tell people around your local clubs to look for it. This person just might be stupid enough to shoot or sell it locally. Jon

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you do want to post the serial number as it might appear in parts

it was obviously someone in your neighborhood that was either walking by or has seen you put guns in and take guns out- what do the police say?

This is not easily marketable

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gene- you are right on--i'll bet its in someones house with in eye sight of crime scene.-- my friend had it happen and finally caught a neighbor!!!!

14. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I bet whoever stole it has no idea what they have.

I would hope that the thief tries to pawn it and ask a few hundred dollars for it, the pawn shop will know something's up and call the cops.

Of course with the internet, it doesn't take much to find out that this is a $10K+ gun.

What you might try is to post a "wanted" add in the Lincoln paper and see if the idiot bites?

I'll keep an eye open in Omaha, I visit the pawns shops often.

Blueraven

15. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I hate to jump to conclusions but if in fact it was stolen (and it sounds as if this is the case) Maybe the low life will shot himself. Keep your fingers crossed. My only hope is he doesnt kill himself, just mamed and scared for life as a reminder.

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually someone above gave me an idea- post wanted posters on the telephone pole for return with reward

Explain it is a target gun and specialized so it cant be sold or pawned- but offer a reward

Show picture and serial number

never can tell

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

you must know of the addicted ones in your neighbor hood. sometimes momma and daddy dont give jonny enough $$$ for his oxycodone. Most likely a smash and grab. Have you taken a good walk through the area where it was taken. Look in all the little wooded areas. You be surprised how many of these smash and grab punks dumb stuff when they relize its going to be a bugger to sell.

18. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Travis, any updates on your stolen Perazzi?

Blueraven

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Make sure you hit all the gun sows in a hundred mile radius.

I say this for a very good reason. A friend had a BT99 Pigeon stolen from his car in broad daylight downtown. While at a gun show a week later, 50 miles away I saw a BT pigeon on a grubby dude's table full of Nam era military crap and some cheap guns, and it was priced unusually low.

I checked the serial number and jotted it on a matchbook while no one was looking. Then I hightailed it bac to our club, and the owner was at the bar. When I told him he drove over there and picked up the gun, telling the exhibitor it was stolen, and it was his. The exhibitor gave him a bunch of heat, and gary just pointed at the security cop and said, "we can do this easy, or we can do this hard, what'll it be?"

Joe Grubby sez, "OK, ok, its your gun." Gary took his gun with no problem. And ever since, he locks his car.

I hope your gun doesn't wind up sawed off with the stock hacked into a pistol grip.

Anyway, make sure you check the gun shows. Good Luck.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.