1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ Stolen Gun At Ohio State Shoot @@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I just wanted to put out an alert for Bob Schultz Target Shotguns. During Sundays handicap a person came up to Bob's display left his drivers license and during all the talking must have picked up his license off the desk and walked out to shoot. Bob said that they watched him shoot a couple practices from the 27 yd line and then had customers walk in to look at guns. The guy never came back to the trailer and no one saw him again. Bob discribed him as a white male about 6'5" and 270-300 pounds grayish hair. Bob said the guy told him he was a car salesman for a Chevy dealer in Canton, Ohio area and that he recently moved here from Iowa. The gun taken was a silver Seitz Serial # 516 it had a gold receiver and a high polished silver trigger guard. If anyone has any information on this person call me or Bob Schultz.

Thank you

Dennis DeVault

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Dennis: Both you and bob are great people and taking a gun to try and shoot with nothing more then a drivers license is usually the right thing to do IF the other person is upright and honest. I know of a car dealer that a fellow drove in with a car and asked to take one of the cars on the lot for a demo ride. He left his drivers license and remember that he actually drove a vehicle into the dealership. Turns out the car was stolen and so was the drivers license. The demo ride is long gone with the guy. The dealers now require a drivers license and a salesman to take a ride with the customer. It will probably turn into he same thing in this case. Might require an ATA card and a drivers license and some more backup identification because of the stoled/forged licenses. A 15K gun walks out with a fake license. Bad deal for Bob and I feel sorry for him. Hope the scum bag turns up and we all need to be on the lookout for the gun Motordoc Joe Rossman

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Joe, Bob, and Dennis: Sorry to hear about the theft, hope the guy shows up some where and he tries to use the gun. We never have that problem in California - nothing but honest, hard working, people of high morals. That sound you heard is me choking. Fred

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Please ( Who is RIGHT ) another post here says that the serial Number is # 219 now which is it, we all ned the right serial number so that we can be on the lookout for it.

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Serial Number is 516. Gun has been reported stolen to the BATF and the Police. It is a 35 inch Gold Seitx with a nice piece of English walnut. Adjustable rib and silver pull trigger. There is a $1000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the gun and/or the arrest of the thief. See post on this forum.

Thank you all for your concern.

Bob Schultz

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

that takes nerve, though the say criminals are not the smartest poeple, dumb move. on the lookout !! keep us posted

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gun has been located. Will keep all of you informed as situation develops.

Bob Schultz

8. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

I hope when they find him they beat the shit out off him before they turn him over to the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

shotgun5:

maybe call in Chuck to do the job.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Glad the gun was found.

Fog

10. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

you just cant trust them yakees

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Please DO keep us apprised of the facts now that the gun has been found.....Bob Dodd

12. FLIP

FLIP Member

up date please

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If Bob did not do a background check on the guy before giving him the gun he could be in trouble himself maybe. I don't think you can go into a gunshop and borrow a gun to see if you like it.

George

14. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Now i've heard it all. I know you other guys were thinking the same thing , but I'll say it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver seitz serial number 685 devault