1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stolen car

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by docjonsn, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

this evening just after my wife and I finished dinner we heard a car raising up our block. the car lost control and flipped after taking out 2 trees. the wife and I ran out the door to see what happed.thats when I saw that the car had flipped. I called the police dispatcher on my cell as I ran down the street bare footed. as I got to about 30 feet from the car I saw 4 kids run away from it.well as you can imagine the car was stolen. the cops did catch the little punks but the the guy who had his car stolen is out a $40,000 car. the cop on the seen tell me that the punks probably won't see more then a couple of days in juvenile hall. the thing is these kids left all kinds of stuff in the car.(call phone, purse, school work, ect. ect.)If I did something like this as a kid I would have to go to jail because my parents would have killed me. The Police would not have arrested me they would have rescued me.
    just another day in California.
    god I cant wait till I can afford to move out of this state.
    Pete

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

And that is why you pay for insurance.

3. Juno

Juno TS Member

When I was a kid I only stole my Dad's car.

4. GRR

GRR TS Member

The worst commercial on TV ever was the one "Don't leave your keys in your car and let a good kid go bad". Remember...payed for by the tax payer.

If it was a good kid, it wouldn't take it in the first place.

Gary

5. Juno

Juno TS Member

What are you callin me?
    [​IMG]

6. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Land of the fruits and nuts.

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

So a guy left his car unlocked, with the keys in it, and on top of it doesn't have any insurance?

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Time to install the 9th spark plug--THE ONE INSTALLED TO THE GAS TANK---In my old neighborhood a guy made a lot of money printing & selling decals::"PROTECTED BY 9TH SPARK PLUG,INC."---once the rumor got started, thefts really died down.

Lou

9. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Rev

Do you and wifey sleep with the doors unlocked? No alarm? Or is he that good a thief. Just asking.

After the dog got through gnawing on him wifey or I would have obliged a shot to his punk a&& because we were in fear of our lives.

10. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Lead Man

Yup! ...it is all Rev's fault. They should have locked Rev up for sleeping with his doors unlocked and no alarm. Get real!!! Chances are it saved Rev and his Wife's life by Rev not having the keys in his pocket where the scumbag thief would have had to take try and take them by force.

Some of you people just don't get it. If criminals want something you have bad enough, they will get it! I don't care how many locked doors or alarms you have. In most cases I can think of, the more resistance you exhibit the more deadly the situation becomes.

11. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I'm still trying to figure out how a car raises up a block.

12. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Markdenis,

Do you buy insurance? You know there are situations where you need it, but most of the time you don't. Why make yourself safe? Let's stop wearing seat belts. It boils down to your decision but be willing to accept the results.

There are bad folks out there, wake up and smell the roses, they are rotten. This is why I carry 24-7 if possible. I suggest folks defend themselves and take care of themselves rather than whining after the fact. It is the criminals fault, but the ones who fail themselves are also to blame.

As the NRA class and slogan says "Refuse To Be A Victim".

There will never be a day when I will not fight back. I suggest we teach our young folks the same thing.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Fox news, there was an interview with a seventy year old woman from Indiana. She held a home invader at gunpoint with her 38 until the police arrived, it took 5 minutes. Would she have been better off with ADT? Yeah right!!! The interviewer asked her would she have been able to shoot the bad guy-she said in a very clear unshaking voice "YES".---She would be the perfect cover person for a NRA recruiting campaign & an answer, to all the anti-gun people who want US to go naked in the world.

Lou

14. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Lead Man

I agree 100% with you that someone should protect themselves at all costs if confronted by criminals. I would do the same. If a criminal was in my house and if it came to blowing their brains out, I would do it without hesitation to protect my family and myself.

What I question is people that put their confidence in alarm systems and locked doors to protect them. Three separate home invasions and murders happened this week within 20 miles of my house. All were reported to have locked doors the criminals got by, and in two of the cases their cars was stolen.

I here it all the time, "Well if they would have had this or that kind of alarm or locking system, it probably would not have happened." Bull!! The victims are not the cause and result of criminal actions.

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

When seconds count--the cops will be there in a few minutes after a call to 911.

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Madoff stole millions.

How much time will he serve?

Regards....Gerald

17. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

OTH, if you think Madoff will get off, think again.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If I ever stole a car when I was a teenager, what the justice system would have did to me what have been the least of my worries. My father would have probably beat me to death with a baseball bat, and rightly so.

I wonder how many of these teenagers who steal cars are the product of our wonderful, glorified single mothers? Where in the hell are the fathers?

I'm no goodie two shoes, the thing that keep me out of trouble was fear from parents, plus they had me working all the time. I think I mowed my first yard for money when I was 8, then I graduated to a construction clean up crew by junior high, then to bussing tables at night.

Today's kids have everything given to em, no need to work, and plenty of spare time to get in trouble. This is the result of "let's do it for the children". Thanks Bill Clinton.

19. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Markdenis,

We agree just a long way to get there.

It has often been said that, in a democracy two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what’s for supper, while in a constitutional republic the wolves are forbidden on voting on what’s for supper and the sheep are well armed.

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

What kind of exampplse to we set for kids? Sports figures to politicans and buisnesmen and woman breaking the law and never paying a price! Why should are youth have any reason not to break the law when they see it in their "role modles" day after day.