1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Firing pin not retracking

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I've got a Stoeger Comp. Condor that the bottom firing pin is not retracting all the way once it's fired.

The shell hangs up on the pin, but with a little force it does break open and the pin is then fully retracted.

Is there something that I can adjust or does something needs to be replaced?
    Please don't suggest replacing the gun, I know it's a cheap POS, but it works well for a beginner trap shooter and he's shooting it well.

Thanks,
    Blueraven

2. hopper810

hopper810 Member

Have you pulled the stock off and cleaned out the innards? the comp, i USED to have was very dirty(brand new)with packing grease,shavings and grit.

i use 100% mineral spirits to soak the trigger assembly,use compressed air to blow out the gunk(may do this a couple of times) then a light re-lube.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Clean the area of the firing pin and check the spring.

4. Beni

Beni Member

what kind of shells are you useing. My friend has the same problem when he loads any primer other than a winchester,he thinks the others are to soft? beni

5. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Well I got it apart and on the rear spring that controls how far the firing pin retracts was missing a sleeve nut. I checked the gun and couldn't find the nut anywhere. Perhaps it fell out when I pulled the stock off, but I looked around and couldn't find it.

Anyway, I moved the nut from the top barrel's spring to the lower barrel's spring and made some adjustments and now it doesn't hang up.

I guess I'll call Stoeger on Monday and see about getting a replacement nut.

***UPDATE*** I decided to take everything back apart and see if the sleeve nut was in the trigger assembly. I found the nut, it had worked it's way into a hole in the stock. Installed the nut and made some adjustments.

Thanks,
    Blueraven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
replacement firing pin stoeger condor

stoeger condor firing pin problems

stoeger condor replacing the firing pin
stoeger firing pin problems
stoeger firing pin retraction springs