1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Cougar

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FalconSprint, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

I'm looking for a Single/Double action pistol, in .45ACP. I'd like a more compact style but would settle for full size. I found only 2 that fit my need, so far. The Beretta Px4 Storm full size, and the Stoeger Cougar. Would anyone have information on the quality of the Stoeger, good, bad or other? Thanks, F/S.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I shot the Stoeger when it came out at its dirt cheap price, supposedly made with the Beretta tooling, and it seemed decent and was reliable for the few hundred rounds I put through it. Same predecessor and same rotary barrel design. But let's face it -- a Stoeger is not a Beretta.

-Gary

3. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

That's where I'm confused. I thought Beretta used to make the Cougar in .45ACP. It's not listed on their web site anymore. F/S

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have both the Beretta Cougar and the Stoeger Cougar in .40 cal. Excellent guns. I carried the Beretta for 10 years and put 1000s of rounds through it. I bought the Stoeger because I wanted the Stainless Steel (Inox) finish. All mags are interchangeable and I see no difference in the handling or dependability. I am looking at a .45 myself and would take either Beretta or Stoeger without hesitation.

JON

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Per my Beretta and Benelli reps the Stoegers are discontinued Beretta pistol models. All of which are excellent weapons. I forget the discontinued model numbers. Seems like one is a 92 but at any rate we sell a lot of them and have never had any problem with them. Jackie B.

6. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Just a thank you to all that responded to my questions. After hefting both guns and looking them over, I ended up buying the Beretta Px4 Storm in .45ACP. It was 175 bucks more, but I liked the feel and point much better. Nothing wrong with the Cougar though, just a tad heavy. F/S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.