1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Cougar 8000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by marine_0341, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

Anyone heard the rave about Stoegers new Cougar? I hear it measures up to the exact same specs as the Beretta ( even made on the same equipment) but at half the price. Any beretta part (grips, holsters, magazines etc.) are supposed to fit it.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

So in reality your saying why waste your money on a Beretta and instead just buy a Stoeger ... yeah ... right.

I usually dont ask this because everyone should be taken at there word but where did you hear all this and what proof do you have on your commentary?

3. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

No, haven't read anything about it yet. Stoeger will be the importer, so the first thing I'd do is find one to look at, and see where it was made, then check out the warranty; Stoeger's been around a long time. Phil E

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

According to the February/March issue of "Handguns" magazine, "Stoeger Industries, a Beretta subsidiary,....will produce the gun (Cougar 8000) in Turkey with the same high quality and precise tolerances as the Italian version but at half the price...With an MSRP of $349...."

From another article, IIRC, the original Beretta Cougar 8000 machinery was moved to Turkey.

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

Looks like msrp is $370, what's a Beretta Cougar cost?

Steve

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have carried a Cougar 8040 since they were introduced. For my money there is no better. The web fit is a little different than most and it fits my hand like a glove. It was my understanding that at one time they were the issue gun for the Connecticut State Police. Glad to see they are coming back.

JON

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Where can I get one??

JON

8. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

The most recent issue of American Rifleman also claims that the Stoeger is going to be built on Beretta tooling. For the price you can't really go wrong, especially if Beretta parts will fit it. I've always wanted a .45acp 1911 rather than a 9mm, but I would like to see this Turkish Beretta.

9. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

I had a chance to see one at Gander Mountain. nice little pistol. Uses the rotary barrel system supposed to cut down on recoil, improve accuracy and have a faster action. Price tag was $349.00. This was the 9mm. Lots of holsters availible due to the fact that it is the exact same size and design as the Beretta Cougar. I think I will look into getting on in .40. No .45 out on the market yet but I will assume we will see one soon.

10. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

By the way, the 9mm holds 15 rounds, the .40 holds 10. nice capacities gor a good compact like this

11. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

Went ahead and Purchased the 9mm this morning, got it best price $310.00 when i get a chance to pop off a few rounds i`ll give a detailed report

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.