1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Condor?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Depends on how many a "few rounds" is. I've heard that with these guns it's anywhere between 700 and 1000 rounds and they are junk. But maybe someone on here has personal experience with them and can tell you a little more.

-Jollytrapshooter

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I can hear it already. It's a piece of crap they will say, but I have one that is a combo 12/20 ga that has over 5000 rounds through it with nary a problem. So what if it does mess up after 20000 rounds. I've seen a bunch, yes a bunch of much more expensive guns that failed after less than a thousand rounds. Jackie B.

3. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

A poor excuse for a over under,get a used citori or something and don't waste your money.Jack

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I've seen decent used Citori's for around $1200. They are worth it..."Cheap you pay, cheap you get". As quoted from my father.

-Jollytrapshooter

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I think I had rather get an 1100 skeet. You can find those for only a little more than the condor. Just MHO.

Forrest

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Hard gun. Hard to open, hard to close, hard kicker, hard to repair, hard to hit anything with. Perfect gun for Skeet.

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

My son had one. patterned well, but was too light and whippy for skeet. Also the inertia trigger does not reset unless you release it fully between shots.
    This is sometimes hard to remember. The auto safety is also a pain, but can easily be removed. after 500 or so rounds the top barrel started to misfire.
    Stoeger said to Clean it and try dry firing occaisionally. It did not help.
    Took a look inside. firing pin spring rod was bent and wore a hole in pocket in back of hammer which was really soft metal. I sent it back for repairs. They replaced most internal parts. Took 2 months. It fired okay....i put it in the safe for field use and a "lender" for guests. Bought him brand new 1100 classic at cabelas for 499 and never looked back!

8. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

PS....IT KICKED LIKE A MULE...THE OTHER REASON FOR GOING TO THE 1100. IF YOU REALLY WANT AN OVER UNDER. I HEAR GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE FRANCHI DIAMOND SOLD IT DICKS FOR 799. BETTER QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP. A BUDDY OF MINE BOUGHT ONE AND ADDED A BARREL WEIGHT AND A MERCURY REDUCER FOR TARGET SHOOTING AND HE HITS
    98-99 AT SKEET WITH IT.

9. tlea

tlea TS Member

Bought one in .410 O/U just to see how I'd like it at skeet. In .410 its not an inertia trigger, and being a field gun the safety set every time you opened it. VERY easy to overcome that tho. Trigger is sloppy and has no adjustments to take the slop out. Easy to get used to tho. For a $299 gun it's just fine.

10. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Darkside,
    I have a Condor in 12 guage for sale. Bought it a few months ago. Has about 500 rounds through it. Email me if you are interested.

11. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Good post Lugnutz426, an actual experienced account.

12. 90T

90T Member

OK, Darkside, my two cents worth,

I have a Stoeger Condor Competion, and shoot it approx. 100 rds./week for sporting amd skeet. The gun works good, shoots well, patterns OK, but has drawbacks you'll have to live with. The worst thing is the triggers. They are loose, and have a large amount of creep, play, slop, whatever you want to call it. There is no real fix for them,,,you just live with it. The gun is also loose on opening, not tight at all on the hinge pin. Gotta live with it.
    Also the choke tubes are of the short version, and don't give the very best of patterns.

Simple do it your self tricks: Take stock off, disconnect auto safety. Next, clean the cosmoline off trigger mecanism, relube with STOS. Put a recoil reducer in stock, go buy some shells with the money you saved, and go shoot. Gun should last long enough for you to decide if you want to get that Citori or not. Good Luck!!!

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Well my cheap Stoeger Condor has over 8,000 rounds though it still tight and going strong. Surprised the hell out of me too but that the way it is. Not a good gun just a gun that will do just fine for what you want it for. Treat it like is a good gun and that will get the most life out of it.

I use it for skeet they laugh so hard they forget to notice I am not really dressed for skeet.

Rock

Jim

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I can send you the fix to change the auto-safety to manual.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

timb99. Please send me the fix. I have been letting new shooters use it and would like to make that change is you can still put it on safety manually. I was able to choose from several guns(I'm a dealer) and only complaint I have ever had with it was that it was so tight to open and close. I know that it has had over 5000 rounds through it without a single problem. I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon grade 2 that has the auto safety also and I would love to be able to fix that to a manual set also. Jackie B.

16. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

tmb99,
    Me too, Me too! Please email me the fix for the auto safety.

Hawk,

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jackie B.

You have mail.

I have thousands of rounds through mine. Had a couple of instnaces where the second shot didn't happen, but generally, its been a good gun for me.

18. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Please send me the fix as my thumb got sore after shooting 1700 targets in 7 days

19. teacherboy

teacherboy TS Member

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have the opportunity to get a condor for $200. Used very little, less than 200 rounds. I would not be using it as a trap/skeet gun but as a field and fun gun. I'm supposed to go check it out this evening. For $200 it seems I could hardly go wrong, but I see there are strong opinions both in favor and against. I see the auto safety seems to be a problem, how can it be made manual? Also someone posted that the chokes were the short variety. Does anything else fit? I know it's not a Citori and would never pretend it could be. But, is it worth the 200 for field use? Thanks for your time and consideration, John

20. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

TEACHERBOY

CHOKES ARE STANDARD INVECTOR. OFTEN ADVERTISED AS WIN/BROWNING/MOSSBERG/WEATHERBY....TONS OF THEM ON EBAY REAL CHEAP

I HAVE A FULL SET OF CARLSON EXTENDED SPORTING CLAYS IN 20 GA INVECTOR.IF YOU WIND UO WITH A 20GA DROP ME A LINE XXXLUGNUTZ426@AOL.COM LEAVE OFF X'S

IF YOU MUST HAVE ONE...I RECOMMEND YOU SPEND ANOTHER 99 BUCKS AND GET A BRAND NEW ONE AT DICKS FOR 299 WITH A WARRANTY....YOU MAY NEED IT.

GOOD LUCK

JOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to reset triggers stoeger over under condor
stoeger condor for trap

stoeger condor inertia trigger

stoeger condor problems
stoeger condor safety
stoeger condor safety fix
stoeger condor safety modification