1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Condor parts?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

A friend has the Condor Competition that is pretty well shot out. Need to replace the firing pins and springs, mainsprings and mainspring rods, and maybe some other stuff.

Any thoughts on where to get parts?

2. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

GO TO DICKS..PLOP DOWN $269.00 AND YOU WILL RECEIVE EVERY NEW PART FOR A CONDOR
    AND A FEW SPARES. OR...PLOP DOWN 379 AND GET A REMINGTON BAIKEL WHICH WON'T WEAR OUT LIKE THE STOEGER.

SERIOUSLY TRY http://www.stoegerindustries.com/ THEY HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
    PHONE NUMBERS AND A STOEGER OWNER MESSAGE BOARD WITH A WHOLE LOT OF FOLKS IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOUR FRIEND.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

skeet man,

That gun has been available only for a couple of years. If it already needs all that stuff, this soon, he's either shooting thousands of rounds a day, or (more likely) the parts of this gun are not made out of premium materials.

I have a Stoeger, and I know the answer.

His options are to contact Stoeger and try to repair the gun with new parts.

Or, if he's smart, and you're a good friend, you'll suggest that he dump the Condor on someone else, and you'll steer him to a better gun.

A used Citori, perhaps.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd guess he has about 5k rounds through the gun. The firing pins APPEAR to be OK, measuring .450 and .451, but the mainsprings are VERY mushy, and the guide rods are both bent. I figured if I'm going to replace a couple parts, I may as well replace as much as I can while i'm in there. he also has a 687SP sporting clays gun that he uses for skeet, but really prefers the stoeger for trap as it has an adjustable comb and he can set the POI where he wants.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I think Stoeger is likely to be the only place you'll be able to get parts for this gun.

They're pretty easy to work on.

Make sure you don't try to push the hammer povot pin out the wrong way!! Its knurled on one end.

6. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Why do some of you guys cut on low end guns??? Some people only have so much money to spend on guns or they may want to try the sport to see if they like it. We should do more to try and support all shooters and promote the sport. We should support our local dealers for firearms and they sell the off brands just like any other store does to stay in business.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

leadhead,

Here's why.

If you're really going to "get into" the game, a well-made used gun is better, in the long run, than a cheap, new, entry-level gun.

If you're dabbling at clay games, and you're only interested in shooting in the local club leagues, the Condor, and guns of that caliber (no pun intended) are fine.

This gun has only been available for a few years, and this guy has already worn it out. he's probably doing more than just shooting in the local club leagues. Would you expect that of a new Citori, or even a 25 year old Citori? Of course not.

By the time he gets the parts to repair this gun, plus the inital cost, he probably could have bought a brand spankin new 1100 trap gun. And it would just be getting broken in, not broken down.

8. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

timb99,

Dont take this the wrong way or personally, but here is my thoughts. We have a 8 person team that shoots sporting clays- 2 use Stevens O/U, 4 use Stoeger o/u, 1 an old Ithica pump and 1 an 1100. We have fun. We started shooting together in May and up until now the only problems that we have had has been in the Ithica and the 1100. The Ithica is an older gun and the slide is wore but the 1100 has the most problems. The poor girl usually has to break it down in the field half way through the course and clean the gas tube holes out (not sure of the techinal term) with a toothpick to get the gun to cycle. It is full of crud and she cleans it before shooting the round. It ejects the first shell but doesn't always load the 2nd shell. This is a newer gun, what a headache, and she is using factory sts shells. As for the Stoegers my local gun shop told me they would be fine for hunting and some clays (the new ones have week firing pins), but if I were going to shoot alot of clays and hunting buy the Stevens (same price range). We shoot about 400 rounds a month and one buddy that has a Stoeger - an older model - has about 10,000 plus through it with no problem. We have all bought our o/u at a local shop and not the box lot stores or out of the county to support our local economy. I just bought my wife a combo Stoeger at a local gun shop. She is interested in the sport and will start off with the 20ga, but I got the 12ga. barrels if she wants to shoot it she can. We all use these guns for hunting also. Would you take a $1500+ gun out in the woods, briar patches, crab apple thickets, the boat or in the water? Not me. Thats why I say expensive guns are not always the way to go. Also at a local trap club that we shot at a month ago other than the owners and our trapper, who I must say were really nice, we felt we were belittled by the other shooters because of the guns we had. We were only shooting practice and when walking into the clubhouse and trying to strike up conversation we were snubbed. We do not do this at our clays club, whatever anybody shoots is their business as long as you have a good time and break the clays. Its all for fun and the sport. Tom

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I have had more fun than a man should have winning matches with the same 870TB that I bought in 1972 against Kolars, Kreighoffs, and so on. I wish I could afford one of the top names but after over a quarter million rounds I've only had to replace one trigger part and a firing pin, though the extractor is a little rounded. I had a Citori, a BT, a Daley, and a 101, but couldn't shoot them as well as the 870. A dozen club championships, a few deer and a turkey and I think I'll just keep shooting the cheap Remington.
    Shoot what you like and enjoy the sport. Life is too short to let snobs ruin your day.
    BTW....I see many guns that look like they have prosthetics for stocks and realize that the burl in my "cheap" Remington stock looks pretty good.
    I lose some too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
stoeger condor aftermarket parts
stoeger condor aftermarket stock
stoeger condor competition replacement stock

stoeger condor parts

stoeger condor stock
stoeger condor stock for sale
stoeger condor stock replacement
stoeger condor supreme replacement stock