1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Condor Competition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poe/IL, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poe/IL

poe/IL TS Member

I never see Stoegers mentioned in here. I know they are cheap but they seem to have a lot of the goodies on them that the more expensive guns have.

Is there a problem with them or just because there kind of new to the sport?

Just for kicks I bought my wife one for her birthday. I got her the Stoeger Condor Competition. Her first over and under. It came with the adjustable comb and I am having a graco gra-coil put on as we speak. The gra-coil has LOP and butt plate adjustment. About the only thing it doesn't have is an adjustable rib and changeable trigger. Also came with six factory chokes which I will pattern them and most likely end up buying some new Briley chokes in the near future depending on the patterns of course.

Anyway. Just curious to note the negatives on this gun. Looks sweet. Feels sweet. Have no idea how it will shoot. Lots of people buying them for sure. There is a years waiting list to get one if you have to order. I had to call 5 Gander Mountain stores to find one in my area. I was beginning to think this wasn't going to happen.

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Good starter gun. I won one in a 20 gauge, no kids to give it to, going to sell. GOOD LUCK

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

They are good starter guns, but not worth it if you plan to shoot thousands of rounds a year. A friend of mine had a Stoeger Competition, it had better wood on it than my BT. But after 2 trap seasons, you could close it, and it would wiggle at the hinge pin. That same friend bought a used XT with a monte carlo stock on it and hasn't looked back. Hope this helps, Josh.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

their Triggers suck

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dont waste money on aftermarket chokes. I ordered one from dicks sporing goods when they first came out after 12 weeks I cancelled. I was drawn into the goodies for cheap. I ended up with a used XT

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

they are cheap for a reason.....you get what you pay for

7. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I own a Stoeger Comp, bought it last August and have a little more than 7,000 rounds through it. It's my first shotgun and I am actually glad I bought it. Yes, "you get what you pay for..." is a true statement BUT the way I looked at it I have gotten a lot more that what I paid for.

The gun is really a field gun with an adjustable comb. BUT, I am happy I got into the sport. The wood-to-metal fit is poor. BUT, I now know what to look for in my "first" trap gun, at least as far as appearence is concerned. Yes it shoots flat. But I now know about POI and patterning a gun and why an adjustable rib is important for me. I also have a better understanding of how, why and when to adjust the comb. I have been introduced to Moleskin and proudly have 4 strips on the comb. Would I want to make "homemade" adjustments to a K-gun? Probably not. Probably wouldn't have to. But I am not afraid to try it on my Stoeger and learn another facet about breaking targets. Yes the bluing isn't the best. But I have learned from new friends about proper (maybe) cleaning, I am confident in my ability to disassemble, clean and reassemble my shotgun. I have taken the stock off and cleaned the trigger assembly, found out what "anti-seize" compound is, LOP, cast-off and cast-on, etc., etc. All those skills and more are new to me and I would have been hesitant to try them out on anything more expensive.

I have not had a single problem with my Stoeger and it has been a great teaching tool. I have had a couple questions, being new to the shooting world, and I can honestly say that the folks at Stoeger were vERY patient with me and responded quickly. I would not have any concerns about them trying to "duck" solving a problem. If you ever have one they will be there for you.

This isn't an investment grade gun, it's a learing tool. But it does that job well and you can have a lot of fun with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
condor competition shotgun review
stoeger competition
stoeger competition review
stoeger competition shotgun

stoeger condor competition

stoeger condor competition problems

stoeger condor competition review

stoeger condor competition reviews