1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger Condor competition?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flylta13, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

Looking for some info on the Stoeger Condor Competition shotgun.

I know I am getting a discount gun but what has anyone seen in reliability of these guns?

My wife is a stay at home mom of two and with that descision come sacrifice and one of mine is not shooting the gun I would really like to have.

I shoot Sporting clays mostly and like the over/under better than autos...

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Buy yourself a Beretta auto and you will be much better served. Reduction of recoil and in re-sale value.

3. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

What a decent Beretta auto go for used?

4. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

And how do they handle reloads? I like to reload and cut my cost down on ammo.

5. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

I own one not that great of quality nice looking imo forearm falls off so then the barrel falls off bumps my cheek bad i mean real bad more of a sporting gun its just not good quality

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The cheapest way to go and still get a decent gun would be to buy an 1100 Remington with a 28 or 30 inch barrel with choke tubes. You can usually get a very good one for $500 to $600 dollars. Beretta auto are also a very good choice but typically cost $700 or more used.

7. torqueman

torqueman Member

I had I condor and the barrels shot loose ,the solder broke ,after 3000 rounds. JOE

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I would also forget those "inexpensive" O/U's. It will turn out to be the most "expensive: gun you will ever buy. Not only will you have reliability problems; the gun will have little or no value if you ever want to upgrade. Do as was suggested and purchase a used 1100 or Beretta semi-auto with tubes. If purchased at a decent price you will not lose a lot of $$ if you ever wish to upgrade in the future.

9. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

Never owned a Condor, but tried one on at Dick's, as they had a 12/20 combo. First one: Couldn't see the rib over the reciever, second, rib was too high.

Appeared to have zero quality control.

A quality used gun ( say, from someone at your club that's upgrading) would be a better bet.

Remember: the Commies LOST the Cold War! ;-)

10. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Hope this website comes through. It is an example that you can purchase a decent O/U on a limited budget. This gun is basically an SKB. It will serve a person a lot better than these cheapo Russian or Turkish built pieces of junk.

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

See if you can find a nice used 303 Beretta auto w/tubed Bbl.

Very soft shooting and very light. Very reasonable in price.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and don't even consider the Condor.

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Joe:

3000 rounds from a Stoeger probably puts you in the top 1%.

-Gary

14. torqueman

torqueman Member

Never shot an overunder so I bought the condor new used it was a prize at a shoot off! the guy I bought it from already had one so he sold the new one to me I was shooting am 1100 and had some issues with the shell catchers I am left handed and it was fighting me a bit. the stoegers are good for hunting or light use but comp gun no way! GOOD LUCK JOE

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

scrap the condor,
    A few models to look for used
    These where once hidden jems but I fear no longer are
    The browning GTI (citori) these could be found for less than the field models used not long ago( not the newly reintroduced model). do not rule out a field grade citori for sporting clays either nor the 20g
    The muruko< spelling, branded citori clones
    or the charles daly branded older models.
    Always check out local trap ranges theres always deals to be had
    And nothing really beats a lightly used 870 or 1100 they can be turned into any "type" of shotgun shooting sport set up with a few simple changes ie barrels.stocks and chokes.
    My friend scored a nice older Remington 1100 wingmaster for 350.00 awesome little gun with really nice monte carlo stock. All he did was stop in at a gun club he was passing while on a job and read the for sale postings.

16. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Good advice from all!

Buz

17. leftex

leftex Active Member

I had a left handed 20 ga. for a short while. Notice I said short while.

Wayne

18. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I just on't believe 3000 shells from one of those. WOW you must be living right.

How many trips to the factory for repair. The most I have seem one of those go before it broke something was only 100.

AL

19. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If you reload look for a used Browning or Beretta O/U.

Jason

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

fly,

I won't bash the Stoeger quite as bad as others have here, but for clay target games, there ARE better choices.

I bought a standard Stoeger Condor in 2000, and used it for trap and skeet until I could afford nicer guns.

Save for a couple of items I could fix myself, it has given me good service, and I'll bet I have put 10,000 rounds through it. I will say, that is probably the exception to the rule.

Back to the point:

Its not the worst gun in the world.

If you plan to shoot it once a week in the summer, 50 or 100 clays, you may be OK. If you are really getting into clay target sports and plan to be shooting a lot, I would look for a used, better quality "name brand" gun.

If you are dead set on an over under, you owe it to yourself to get a good one.

A used Browning Citori comes to mind. It'll cost you more, but its hands down, a better gun. (the one Maclellan mentioned above is Miroku...good guns too...they make, or used to make, Citori's for Browning)

A used Remington 1100 or Beretta 390, 391, or 3901, as mentioned above, are also top notch choices.

If you DO decide to get a Condor Competition, the first thing I would do is make sure it shoots both barrels reliably, AND!!! pattern it at 13 yards to make sure both barrels shoot to the same point of impact.

The "entry level" over unders do have a problem with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
condor competition for sale
stoeger competition shotgun problems

stoeger condor competition

stoeger condor competition combo for sale

stoeger condor competition for sale

stoeger condor competition problems
stoeger condor for sale
used stoeger condor competition for sale