1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger 12 Gauge Condor Over/Under Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perezal, Jul 14, 2013.

1. perezal

perezal Member

What is your take on these shotguns. I saw one at the local store and would like to know if they are good shotguns.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If it says Stoeger, avoid it like the plague.

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

It will break as many targets as the 6K$ gun it shooter that uses it. It will not last as long and has a few drawbacks one of which is it has a tendency to pinch (cuts really good actually ) your hand between the thumb and forefinger on the opening and closing if not careful where you hold your hand..

Also if not fully opened (it is stiff) the locking pins will not retract and lock inside of the breach face. Thus causing a problem closing that can result in damage to the gun.. So be sure to fully open the gun when you reload.

Flat shooting and will not stand up to thousands of rounds. I had one did a little grinding on the underside to stop the pinch problem.

It is a cheap shotgun that works but it is by no means a trap gun but I have seen them break 100 at the Grand in Vandalia. A youth shooter no less. His father was telling me about all the money he paid to have stuff done to it
    . He could have purchased a real trap gun for what he said he added to a basic Stoeger Condor O/U.

PS I donated mine to the club for use as a loaner.

Rock

Jim

4. trapshooterfed

trapshooterfed Member

buy a quality Beretta auto loader with the same money and get a gun thats ten times better.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I have one for hunting. It's fine for that. If....

I've actually had good luck with it, but I am sure it would not hold up to the amount of wear and tear from trap shooting.

Unless you shoot 50 targets, once a week in the summertime.

Even then, this gun has some serious flaws. Lots of complaints that the mechanism won't fire the second shot, lots of complaints that the barrels don't shoot to the same point of impact, and the trigger is like a Daisy Red Rider being dragged through gravel.

I'd look for a nice, used Remington 1100 Trap model.

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

7. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Guy here has one and shoots it for skeet and SCs. To me it's heavy and unwieldy. He's been shooting it regularly for about 3 months. We'll see how long he continues.

8. zoot

zoot Member

I shot a Stoeger Condor for 4 years before i bought my Citori XT
    the firing pin and spring broke,and they fixed it. while it was there they found that the stock was cracked and replaced it. I still have it and won't sell it because i fell it's a great little gun for the money. My son has one and had a cracked stock twice, all of this was fixed free of charge. the third time it happened they replaced it with a brand new gun, customer service is the best i've ever had anywhere. none of the fixes cost me a dime and got them back within 2 weeks max, I'll keep mine thankx

Zoot

9. globe fish

globe fish Member

I shot one for a few months,passed it along to new younger shooter,for the money I think they are O.K.

10. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

I had one several years ago and I got rid of it as fast as I bought it. It's not a balanced gun, heavy front, bruising recoil. It was an O/U trap with monte carlo. Go for Browning or Beretta...Ron

11. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

I've got one of these. I bought it at a Pawn Shop for about $100. I needed a gun for visitors and friends to shoot. I'm a lefty so all my guns are set up for a lefty. The Stoeger holds it own and will break targets just fine. It's an inexpensive gun and I have no doubt it will wear out pretty quick, relative to the more expensive guns, but for a loaner used now and then it's just fine. Bob Cade

12. perezal

perezal Member

Thanks for all your input.

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Junk. Lots of better shotguns available in this price range - not O/Us though. As stated above the M1100 Remington will be a much better gun for target shooting.

Search tags for this page

stoeger grand

stoeger grand 12ga trap gun

stoeger grand review

stoeger grand reviews

stoeger grand trap gun

stoeger grand trap review

stoeger the grand review

stoeger the grand shotgun review