1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

stoegar competion

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I KNOW A FEW GUYS THAT SHOOT THEM. THEY SHOOT WHERE YOU POINT THEM. THEY PATTERN BETTER WITH BRILEY EXTENDED CHOKES. THEY ARE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR DURABILITY. IF THE ONE YOU ARE BUYING WAS NOT SHOT TOO MUCH, IT SHOULD SERVE YOU WELL FOR OCCAISIONAL DOUBLES OR PERHAPS A ROUND OF SPORTING CLAYS. I WOULD
    ASK TO SHOOT A FEW ROUNDS TO MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT MISFIRE(LIGHT PRIMER HITS)
    BEFORE YOU BUY IT. THEY SELL NEW FOR AROUND 500.

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Just sold 5 of the Stoeger 2000's to some of my pheasant hunting buddies. Liked them so much, as they are really cheap, that I got myself one in synthetic. A cheap gun at $435 retail, but and I paid much less for them.

As I type this, the final epoxy coat is setting up on the stock. Made it into a trap stock as this is all I can shoot.

Been shooting a Beretta 390 Super Trap for pheasants. Replaced the wood with synthetic and then did the bondo/epoxy thing to build up a trap stock for it.

Easy to do, and you can make the stock to fit you perfectly.

WW

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I eyed ball these when I began shooting trap. If I never touched a Browning I might have bought one. Porting is no big deal. I wasnt to happy with the adjustable comb, it just didnt come up enough for me. For what you pay and you like how it shoots why not. 2 members have them, both have had missfire problems. One gun is just filthy dirty. I say thats his problem. The 2 for what ever reason miss on the top barrel shooting doubles???? I have shot these guns and they did just fine. Test drive it, like it, buy it. How well they hold up? these guys do not shoot a real lot. maybe 1000rnd a year.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Terrible triggers, but if you want to use it for trap, there's enough slop in the adjustable stock hardware to lift the back while keeping the front low so that it is pretty close to parallel with the barrel.

5. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

I went to help a friend find a cheap gun once. Picked up a Stoeger. Euuuuuck!

Nasty piece of work. Maybe it'll go bang. So will a $20 hooker, but I wouldn't take one home,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.