1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stockton ZZ Report

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

I've been asked to post our shoot report on here.....so here it is:

In this life, the path to greatness is a lonely one.....marked only by encounters with other great men, and sometimes they are your adversary. These are the times that will define us, make known our true souls, and scream to the world "TODAY IS MINE", "I AM NOT AFRAID", and "BITE THIS!"

Too bad none of us chumps fit that bill.....weak, that's our watch word. Today's money should be carried over to the next shoot!.....Ken Hudson gagged on the front when he could have had it all.....Dean can't count for shit and gave away money.....and the two weenies that left early got paid......it just ain't right. Ken Kirsten and Mr. Panetta should donate their winnings.....and once again, Herb gets to the pay window. I know, I know....I got there too.....but I'm a fine person, revered by my children and relatives.

Here's the poop:

HOA Dean and Ken Hudson split $360

Front: First: Ken Kirsten and Mr. Panetta split $220.

Second: Dave Alcoriza $140.

Back: First: Dave Petrychka $220.

Second: Guy $140.

Miss 'n Out Herb and Steve split $350.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more thing......

We have come up with a wobble machine for the trap field next to the ring....

So, I'm thinking a 50 bird wobble event for the next shoot.....it will be a separate event.....50 targets.....$50 entry.....$20 for the targets, $30 to the purse....split 50%-30%-20%. I'm thinking trap loads only.(3dr. 7 1/2) Fifteen players would make a purse of $225-$135-$90. We could always increase the purse entry if you like the game.

The first 5 ZZ shooters to sign up that want to shoot the wobble, will make a squad, after their first 5 ZZ's they will go the the wobble field and shoot 25 targets like a trap squad (except cranked up targets from 22 yards) and so on....should make the time go faster. I'm also thinking there will be other shooters that will come out to shoot the wobble only and add to the pot. What do you think? Will you shoot the wobble? Let me know.

Joe Panetta is also thinking of having a ZZ shoot on Sunday Feb.17 at Martinez....let me know if you would come....if we can get enough players, we'll shoot.

Guy

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Stockton may be the only place that still shoots ZZ"s. Are there others? I once shot them in San Diego at the old Miramar gun club, but I've never seen them anywhere outside of California.

3. Guy

Guy Member

Dallas Gun Club and another in Texas....can't remember the name. There is also a ring at the Martinez Gun Club. I'd guess 2/3rds of the players are pigeon shooters that shoot ZZ's on off weekends for birds. The rings in the area are set up for both, and we do not have shoots against each other.

We have a pretty solid core of about 18-20 players, that goes up to 25 frequently.....we don't play the game under FITASC rules......shells are 1 1/4 oz, 3 3/4 dr , 7's max.....so pigeon loads are OK.....FITASC rules call for 1 oz....we're not going there.

If anyone would like additional conversation about putting in a ring at your club, let me know.....if I can't give you an answer, I can send you to someone who can.

There is one more thing.....We have had many trap shooters stop by to shoot a round of ZZ's.....and never come back. It is a difficult game.....it is not a rhythm game like trap.....targets go up, down, out, in, and slide on the edge, worm-burners and sky-balls....it is more like shooting live birds than anything else.....and unlike trap, on any given day, anybody can win. We have no classes, handicaps, or averages to keep.....it is heads up, you against the crowd.....and if an average ability player like myself can do it, anybody can. Find a ring and go play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.