1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stockton ZZ Report

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

You guys are killin' me......

Who would've thought that we could get a crowd like today.....we all know what one more ring would mean..... and those that were at today's shoot will get a chance to see and shoot at John's ranch in two weeks......maybe we'll even have a small Calcutta for the shoot....

Thinking about shooting at John's has momentarilly allowed me to forget about today's performance......I know I have some golf clubs somewhere....and I know there were many calls home this evening.....isn't there some way we can get rid of these young studs that keep hammerin' us old guys???

How about a secret handshake......we'll shake hands and pump it twice, meaning shoot at Mike's next Saturday....don't tell a soul.....three pumps means shoot at Stockton, don't tell David, but Tyler is OK.....four pumps means Peck and I are going to shoot practice and none of you boys are invited......five pumps is come one, come all to Livermore...(they don't have a ring)but with a wink means we're really going to John's. And finally, no shake, just nod....means I got a bottle in my truck, to hell with this game!!!

Here are today's results......(20 purse players) 30 total.

HOA David Alcoriza.....dumped his last two for a 27....paid $600.

Front 15:

60% Split $360 Ken J. and Ken H.

40% Split $240 John T., Eric, Tyler, and Dean

Back 15:

60% $360 Split Eric and Ken P.

40% Split $240 Bert and Dean

Miss and Out Split $370 David A. and Skip from NY (talk about travel)

So......next weekend is Martinez for another USHA event.

Then, the following Saturday we will shoot at John's. If you need directions, let me know....

I am whipped.....just a scotch, some dinner (salmon), and I'm gonna drag this sorry ass to bed.

Guy

PS. I shoot pretty good at John's.

2. Guy

Guy Member

You guys are killin' me......

Who would've thought that we could get a crowd like today.....we all know what one more ring would mean.

I'm trying to forget about today's performance......I know I have some golf clubs somewhere....and I know there were many calls home this evening.....isn't there some way we can get rid of these young studs that keep hammerin' us old guys???

How about a secret handshake......we'll shake hands and pump it twice, meaning shoot at Mike's next Saturday....don't tell a soul.....three pumps means shoot at Stockton, don't tell David, but Tyler is OK.....four pumps means Peck and I are going to shoot practice and none of you boys are invited......five pumps is come one, come all to Livermore...(they don't have a ring)but with a wink means we're really going to John's. And finally, no shake, just nod....means I got a bottle in my truck, to hell with this game!!!

Here are today's results......(20 purse players) 30 total

HOA David Alcoriza.....dumped his last two for a 27....paid $600.

Front 15:

60% Split $360 Ken J. and Ken H.

40% Split $240 John T., Eric, Tyler, and Dean

Back 15:

60% $360 Split Eric and Ken P.

40% Split $240 Bert and Dean

Miss and Out Split $370 David A. and Skip from NY (talk about travel)

So......next weekend is Martinez for another USHA event.

I am whipped.....just a scotch, some dinner (salmon), and I'm gonna drag this sorry ass to bed.

Guy

PS. I shoot pretty good at Martinez.

3. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Alcoriza choking the last two? Hope someone notified the papers. Wished I could have shot there today!

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

It was no doubt a "mercy" choke so everyone would not feel so bad.

5. Guy

Guy Member

Rick: The best we can hope for is that you do show up some time....and give David a go.....he pretty much whups us every month.....I understand baseball season is coming, and he may leave us alone for a bit.....so maybe you better stay away too.....

6. Guy

Guy Member

Didreckson: David has no mercy on anyone.....and if it wasn't such a fine sight to watch him play, I might be worked up.....but he's a nice guy.....and we all know what we're witnessing every time he plays. It's a lesson on how to move the barrels. Damn.

7. deankol

deankol Member

Gee wiz, way too much strokIng going on here.

8. Guy

Guy Member

deankol....that's what you get when you got game.

9. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

LOL you guys are too funny. Packman was as tough as I was yesterday, he was just smarter shot early and got home.

WGH, You holding a shoot on April 1st?

10. deankol

deankol Member

LG
    Yes, there is a scheduled shoot that day in Stockton.

11. Guy

Guy Member

Fitting.....April Fool's Day. My personal day.

Rick...I know you'll be here the weekend before.....so stay the week and play on the 1st.

12. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

WGH, I am a lowly trap shooter pure and simple. I have had the pleasure of showing up late Sunday afternoon (I am an early bird by nature) and I met this young fellow practicing. Got ready and shot with him, and he asked if I minded if he went after the biggest piece. I said sure, no problem. His problem was not leaving anything other than a hanging black cloud more often than not. Then I discovered who his Dad was, and it made perfect sense this young fellow had all the moves.

And yes, he is a very nice young man it seems. A rare thing sadly in these times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.