1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stockmaker for Perazzi stock alterations?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Anybody know of a stock maker that you would feel comfortable to use to work the palm swell off on a Perazzi stock, re-checker to match the other side, and work the stock flutes back to even on both sides? Possibley adjustable comb or butplate.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

You might be better off to spend the money on a custom stock to get it the way you want it rather than trying to modify something.

TB

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Where are you located? If you are on the West Coast, I have "The Man" for that job......Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Billster

Billster TS Member

On the east coast would not hesitate to recommend Jim Olivant (Highland Crest Stockfitters). He's reputed to be the best on the east coast. He did the Gracoil on my BT-99 and I hung out looking at all the custom work he's doing on Perazzi's and Krieghoffs besides every other shotgun under the sun. Craftsmanship! Love it. He's at 631 648 8289. Tell him Bill Stengel recommended you if you decide to give him a shot.

Cheers
    Bill

5. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I would agree, except I know where an SC3 is that is a deal, and already has an adjustable comb.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

So what is a "deal" on an SC3? 6 grand? Less? Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.