1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stocker John in Oregon???

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by citadel, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

Is Stocker John in Orergon still in business? I have tried his shop number and it is disconnected and no answer on his cell phone.

I am looking for a good stock refinisher in the Sacramento area, does anyone have any suggestions.
    thanks,
    Doug

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

STOCKER JOHN's Custom Gun Stocks, 285 Alva Park Dr., Eugene, OR, 97402, 971.570.6597....breakemall

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Doug,

I know Stocker John has gone through some rough times, but I am sure he is still in business. I don't know a good stock finisher in this area, but if you find one let me know. I am having a brain fart right now but Kevin.......who does stock work at Coon Creek at the bigger meets might be an answer. I don't know about his expertise in finish work.

When the rain finally stops, hope to see you on Tuesday mornings...

JON

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Stocker John just finished doing some work for me on a wood PFS grip. Looks and works great. He sent me a business card with the same info on it that BDodd posted.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A PS: A buddy here in Eugene took a brand spanking new Blasser to John with a small but obvious doink in the forearm wood. The buddy didn't want to live with it. In just a few minutes, John treated that flaw, hid it so well that it was essentially invisible, and blended in the wood features and color. Keep trying to make connection if you can't find a closer person to help you......breakemall

6. don q

don q TS Member

JON
    That would be Kevin Atkinson of Comfort Stockworks in El Dorado, 530-620-7285 to leave a message. don q

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Hi Doug,

I've seen work done by Rodney Shimamoto in Lodi. It's really good.
    Here's the info:

Gunstock Service
    gunstockservice@yahoo.com
    209-369-0998

Hope this helps.
    Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
    Ljutic 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.