1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Work

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hivoltfl, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Folks I have an older Citori that I shoot for doubles and use it for a back up, I am thinking about getting the comb cut and made adjustable and having a good adjustable pad installed, as near as I can tell this is not the cheapest work in the world, have checked out several folks that do this work on the links section, anybody have any experiance with them or recomendations?

Thanks in advance:

Rick

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I have personal experience with two, Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks, and Greg Hissem. Both do great work. Recently all of my work has gone to Ken. Nothing against Greg, I highly recommend him, but I've gotten to know Ken and consider him a friend, as well as a great craftsman.

3. cle

cle Member

Speedbump, Hissem or Rod's Custom Gun Stocks.........depending on where you live one is likely closer than another.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I've had work done by Country Gentleman in Alabama ... http://www.gunfitter.com/ ... and Mark Deprez in New York ... http://www.mdstocks.com/ ... Both did excellent work and I would use them again. I might add that I have heard nothing but positive comments about the three other gentlemen posted above. Close proximity to where you live is likely the best choice. Bill Malcolm

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What I like is there is a host of people out here that seem to like the same 4 stockworkers, also there is a bunch of pictures to show there work.

6. strawboss38679

strawboss38679 TS Member

I put another vote in for Tron. Just had work done last week. A great guy
    Nathan

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I do this for a living but Don't want any more adj comb work. Goe to the Manufactuer GRACO they do great work. When I'm backed up it's where I send my customers. Joe Goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.