1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock work at Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Will be at Grand for 9 or so days in the second week with Beretta. Have a gun that needs the stock cut and recoil reducer installed. Would like to have advise on correct LOP. Having sholder problems. Lots of people show up for repairs and work but I don't know most. Don't mind paying for good work. Any suggestions on a good person or persons appreciated.
    Come by Beretta and see us!
    Jim Porter

2. BlzMTU88

BlzMTU88 TS Member

Keith Heeg. He is the best in the business and does anything with a stock you can think of. He is the man you want.

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Jim: Rod Stumbo of Rods Custom Stocks does excellent work. His prices are aligned with all the other stock guys. He can fit the gun to you to get the correct LOP. Stop in and see him before you decide. Don

4. PVH

PVH TS Member

I second the recommendation for Rod's Custom Stocks. He has done 2 guns for me and does excellent work.

5. msmith

msmith Member

Look for Mark Deprez. He does excellent work. He does have a moble shop and will be there. Go to www.mdstocks.com for more info. Mike

6. shoottx

shoottx TS Member

The best for fit and recoil reduction is Ken Rucker at Speedbump Stock Works.

My wife and several other shooting compaions have had work done by others and have had Ken redo the work.

And he is a great guy! He will be in the tent vendor side!

Mike Jury

7. Scott McV

Scott McV TS Member

I purchased a Ljutic 73 at the Iowa State Shoot and had Keith Heeg install a Graco adjustable butt plate on it. Keith did an excellent job installing the plate and took the time to provide advice on how much LOP was required based on my needs and the available adjustment in the plate. Finished product was a very professionaly installed plate that looks great and functions even better. I just broke a 96 in handicap practice last Tuesday, best I have ever shot and I am using a "new" gun. I would not hesitate to take any stock work to Keith.

8. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

see todd at the country gentleman

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Rods Custom Stocks gets my vote! Have used others but he does great work. Jake

10. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

You'll have several choices for good work.

Adios, Dirk

11. JOND

JOND TS Member

I have used Keith Heeg and found him to do excellent work! JOND

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Most any of the fitters at the big shoots do a nice job! Bad work word of mouth kills a business.

ec90t

13. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Country Gentleman....none better.

JMHO

Jim C

14. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Jim, I would reccommend Ken Rucker @ Speedbump Stockworks. He does excellent work at more than fair prices. A fine gentleman with a exceptional work ethic. He does as good or better than anyone out there in as short of time as anyone. He will answer all questions without expecting to get the work. He is on the tent vendor row in his portable workshop. Go by and see him. Hope this helps.

Jimmy

15. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Ken Rucker Speedbump Stockworks gets my vote. He has done stock work for me on several occasions and I have been very pleased with his work and prices. On top of that he is a real nice guy.

Jerryw

16. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

I think most are good, all though to get the best fitting I think your better off to go to their shop rather than at the grand, they are all busy and don't have as much time to spend on you.

17. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I started to shoot trap aboutthree months ago and bought a Browning XT with a monte carlo stock that required me to lean over the stock to get a good sight picture. Todd (country gentleman) installed a four way adjustable comb, shortened the stock,and added an adjustable butt plate, which allowed for a perfect setup. The work was as though it came from the factory, and his advise on the "move" haqs gotten me to 96 at 16. Unfortunately the other four birds may involve some superglue, my right cheek and the stock of my gun.

18. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Tom Larkin, The Stockshop

Country Gentleman,

Depends as much on the recoil reducer you want, they will all have several diferrent makes and models, on hand.

Some specialize more in one then the others, and some reducers are well more..............

So do you want a plain end of the stock mount only reducer, Or do you want one that the Comb/cheek piece is mounted to the reducer, Like a soft touch?

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mark deprez bad job