1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Spacers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Looking to have some spacers made for my boy's 1100. The MC stock was shortened to 13.25" and I would like to bring it back to 14.25 with (3) .25" and (2) .125" spacers. Would also like to have the ability to change the spacers when needed.

Any suggestions?

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I had the same situation a few years back with one of my sons. His gun was shortened so far we had to notch the pad to clear the stock bolt. I added a 1/4' spacer of aluminum ground to match the pad..the second one was made to match the stock..then I added nylon spacers between them as needed. He ended up with a 14 3/8" before he was thru with his 1100. Suggest you replace the pad screws with machine screws and put thread inserts in the wood. Worked fine as he grew & was adjustable for length summer & winter.

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Jack, that is just what I want to have done. Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Roger,

If you want a real nice job done, may I suggest Tron. He does right nice work. Just let him know what you want and he'll make it happen.

www.tronspace.com

ec90t

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

ROGER, The two alum. plates I made from some scrap stock I had around and the nylon spacers were cut from a 1 1/4' round stock as I needed them. They were center drilled to fit the extension bolts. An easy afternoon project or I'm sure any gunsmith would make the plates for you. I had them siliconed to the pad & butt so they didn't move, the one on the stock I drilled so I could remove the stock when needed The thread inserts are available at any hardware along with the machine screws. Good luck. When you make it fit them, the kids are hard to keep up with. Enjoy.

Big Jack

6. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Roger8918,

Take a look at Graco's LOP butt plate, which can be bought from Graco or Brownells. You fit the butt plate one time as opposed to several times for spacers, and use an allen key to loosen two screws and you twist the recoil pad which is attached to the outer plate that is attached to a threaded tube to adjust the LOP. This might be a bit easier than constantly fitting spacers.

Robert H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.