1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock shell holder for 30/06

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

I'm looking for a shellholder for 30/06 for my Ruger #1A. Lots of neoprene things out there, but I'm really looking for a leather one that is laced on. The Ruger is a nice looking gun and I'm trying to enhance that look.

Any sources?

Thanks!

cap

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Here is one although a little pricey at $85. Link above^^
    [​IMG]

Here are some more links:

http://www.7xleather.com/buttstock_cartridge_holder

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/product/h_rsh.htm

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

Exactly what I'm looking for, but you're right...a little pricey.

I'll keep looking, but thanks!

cap

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

On some very nice safari rifles there is a blued steel trap door in the bottom of the stock that opens to store some extra cartridges. The kit is available from Brownells, so I am sure there are gun smiths that will fit and blue it for you. That seems like it would be classier than any hang on accessories. Good Luck

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

My intent with this item is to hide a rather large, blank, brass plate that is inletted into the stock. I guess this gun started out as a presentation piece, but the presentation and subsequent engraving never happened. Don't know what to do, other than replacing the stock.

Got the gun for a good price and it shoots very nice. Nicest trigger I have ever had on any gun. Makes me think that maybe some "work" was done on it prior to the never-happened presentation. It's a Ruger #1A in '06

cap

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Cap, You might keep an eye open on e-bay and Gunbroker.com for a replacement stock. That stock you do not care for may just be the cats meow for somebody else looking to give a gun to a kid or an employee or something. They would be happy to buy that stock and quite possibley pay more then it would cost you for the replacemet stock.

or try Jeffmayfieldoutfitters.com

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

Sorry, but I don't see how keeping an eye open on ebay would help me in selling a stock, unless I list it. Which I don't want to do until I find a replacement.

I agree, it has more value to someone else than me...

cap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.