1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock rib in line question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FE DOG, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FE DOG

FE DOG TS Member

More than one person has noticed or made coment as to how my stock seems to be hooked. Should while looking down the full lenght of the gun, from behind the butt plate accross the top of the comb, be in line with the rib. Mine as a right handed shooter seems to hook into my face. Is this normal?
    This is a BT-99 with factory adjustable comb, I bought used.
    The first thing I feel I should do, is pattern the gun, to see if it shooting right to left. Not concerned about pattern up and down yet. If I need to move the pattern right or left. Which way do I move the comb to center the pattern? In the direction I want the pattern to move? Thanks for the help, Greg

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Greg, Brownk80's advice is correct, but you have to know first that the "heel of the stock" he is referring to is the topmost, backmost part of the gun, the top of the recoil pad, and that's what you put on the floor. In other words, the gun is upside-down when you do this test..

Neil

3. FE DOG

FE DOG TS Member

OK guys after doing this test the heel is left of center. Would this explain as a right handed shooter, I seem to be behind left angle birds from post 1.
    With the adjustable comb, do you think I can correct some of this left to right?
    Thanks for your help, GREG

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Dog, you need to put the top of the buttstock (the heel) on the ground by having the gun upside down with the trigger up... as always, make sure it's EMPTY!!...
    when looking from the muzzle down towards the toe (which is now pointing up), the toe will be either to the left of center (a left hand stock), right of center (a right hand stock) or neither (a neutral stock). An adj comb will work for a neutral stock and a right handed stock. if its left handed, sell it, it's probably worth more than the replacement right hand stock...

JC

5. FE DOG

FE DOG TS Member

Thanks to all for the great information. This has been a good learning discussion for me. GREG

6. FE DOG

FE DOG TS Member

Think I'll be on the look out for stock replacement or maybe trade the gun. Thought I was progressing pretty well and getting this gun set up to suit me. Now, I think knowing it's cast for a left hander will play with my head.
    GREG

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have you thought about bending it? That could solve your problem.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.