1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Refinishing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by G-12, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-12

G-12 TS Member

I have an old stock that needs refinishing. Can anyone recommend who does a good job? Thanks, Ben

2. reload

reload TS Member

Call Ray Grimes. He lives down in Georgia - cell # is 706-207-5740. I have seen is work and it is excellent.

John Woods

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

It's just a piece of wood. Re-finish it yourself. It's not hard, it is fun, and you'll end up with something you can be proud of. Done several myself and have one word for ya': WATCO (Danish Oil Finish).

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

code5- Yes it is not hard and it can be fun, but it does take a little practice to get the pores filled properly, apply the finish coats so that when the wood is held at a sharp angle the surface looks absolutely smooth, and then to properly polish the finish.

Pat Ireland

5. jmusic

jmusic TS Member

G12.....I've seen a bunch of stocks that "Captain" has done!!! I couldn't tell them from factory...he's picky & proud and knows the tricks to stock finishing.
    Jeff Hashbarger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.