1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock refinisher needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a shotgun and the forearm wood was damaged during shipment to me. The gun ( although not an inexpensive firearm ) was shipped in a very cheap plastic "hard" case and the individual components (stock/receiver - forearm/barrels )shifted within the case during transit and the reciever iron marred the finish on the forearm.

I'm now in discussion with the seller who has asked that I get an estimate re: repairing the forearm finish ( I think I'm going to try to insist on complete refinishing to ensure overall continuity of the finish ).

I contacted a well known stockmaker for an estimate but was informed they will only perform this service on stocks/forearms they have made !

So, I need help in obtaining the name(s) of stockmakers/refinishers - without just looking for a name on the internet. Any suggestions with names of folks you've used and are satisfied with.

Thanks in advance.

Noel

2. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Before you make a decision contact Ron Neely. He does great work and is reasonably priced.He's refinished and recheckered a few stocks for me and they've come out beautiful!

(731) 364-2274
    1255 Lee Road
    Martin, TN 38237

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

amboy49:pm me and let me know what state you are in.Then we can hook you up with someone in your area. Don

4. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Al Jamison jr. is probably as good it gets when it comes to fixin' and finishin'. I have seen his outstanding work on some pretty well beat-up stocks and have been amazed.......merlyn.....573-860-2479.....Sullivan Mo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.