Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stock Refinish

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike Hessong* (MH*) 
#1 ·
Left my stock and forearm off with a guy over here in South Africa named Andre Wessels who lives in Bloemfontein.

Since this is kind of an older gun (1988 vintage) and parts are no longer available for it, I was always afraid to put too much money into it. But I think this was worth it.

Before:
Gun Firearm Shotgun Air gun Trigger

After:
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Wood

Gun Firearm Shotgun Wood Trigger

Rifle Gun Shotgun Air gun

Shoulder Joint Hand Wood Table

Automotive exterior Shotgun Metal

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. I always thought it was a nice looking piece of wood. But I was really surprised when I opened the box and had a look at it. I was expecting the dark color and was just struck by the lighter color and the beauty of the figuring.

#7 ·
slowdp,

This is exactly what I found on Winchesters I used to shoot. Winchester mixed their stain and finish in the same gun and sprayed them like that. At least it looked that way to me. I found a guy here in Victoria many years ago who did unbelievable high-gloss polyurethane (like glass) finishes, and when I bought a few Winchester Diamond Grades, I had him strip off the factory finish and put on his high-gloss finish, and it is amazing some of the grain and figure the factory covered up with their original finish. Guns looked 100% better. Had him do at least 6 guns like this. Even had him go back and do an older model Pigeon Grade that I could tell was a really nice piece of wood, but he mad it oh so much better !

Mike* (MH*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.