1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock refinish in northern illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by musky, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musky

musky TS Member

I have an 1100 lt 20ga. that is my 11 year olds shotgun. It has a youth stock on it that is pretty beat up. wondering who i could send the stock and forearm to get stripped fixed up and an oil finish put back on. The job does not have to be show room quality just want it to look better for him. Thanks fro any help. Larry.

2. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

Elite Custom Gunstocks

Alan Braner
    New Lenox, IL 60451
    815-955-2074
    Tell him Dan Phillips sent you.

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

George Strode from McHenry gun club. He has done several stocks for me and is very reasonable. 847-249-1913

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

I say try it yourselves. Sounds like a perfect wintertime father-son project. Books, google, youtube.....lots of info out there.

At 11 now, he will remember it forever.

5. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

DO NOT use Elite Custom Gunstocks! He messed up my stock and now I'm paying someone else to fix his mistake.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have a local lady that does work that will compete with anyone out there. Most reasonable you will find as well. Most times you are looking at 125.00 for a complete makeover. And that is removing any dings that are not major dents. Strip it and refinish in whatever you want. I can get you her number if you pm me. She is in east central Illinois though.

7. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

Sorry you had a bad experience with Elite. The work that he has done for me has been excellent. Kind of surprised that you two could not work out what ever problems that you had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

elite custom gunstocks

george strode shotgun stock repair