1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock refinish help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mis-some, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

I have a Joel Etchen combo with a finish problem. The finish is wearing off and is spotty and unsightly. Not a Beretta , but rather a case wear. My fault for not acting quickly enough. That being said how would I go about refinishing with a ureathane or other hard finish other than oil?

2. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

I know one of the best refinishers in the business. This
    person is in Missouri. I would suggest you use someone like this
    on that nice an outfit. IF you have an interest e-mail me.

David

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remove old finnish. Steam out any dents. Restain if desired. Spray with clear auto body finnish plus hardener. HMB

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

mis-some- Refinishing a stock is rather simple after you have learned how to do it. I doubt that anyone can do a first class job on the first stock they try to finish. There are some good books on stock refinishing. If you invest the time and effort, you can learn how to do the work. Unless you are willing to spend some time learning, get someone else who has made the time/effort investment to do the job for you.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.